Late Avis pick up on BAH booking

Old May 15, 2022, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Late Avis pick up on BAH booking

Just had a change in time of some AA flights that we are on separate bookings to our BA holiday flights and car rental.

We have an Avis car hire as per of the booking with a pick up from MIA scheduled for 6am but now we wont be arriving in MIA until noon.

Do I need to let anyone know or will be be OK to collect my car 6h later than they are expecting us to ?
Old May 15, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
I would let BA holidays know just in case. Saves any additional fees that Avis might be happy to slap on you!
Old May 15, 2022, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BLHD
I would let BA holidays know just in case. Saves any additional fees that Avis might be happy to slap on you!
Guess I knew thats the correct answer. Its just the thought of having to call BA holidays!
Old May 15, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC
You probably have an Avis booking number. Perhaps you can use that to change the pick-up time on Avis app or website.
Old May 15, 2022, 3:31 pm

I picked up a booking at 2pm at VLC last week that was down for 9am. They just changed it at pick-up. I am Avis preferred (only used a few times a year).

I also dropped off early due to flight/airport changes. BAH initially went to rebook this with new times (nearly 24 hours less all in all) but when repriced they said it was an extra 130 ish. Was advised to leave it by the BAH agent and just pick up late and drop off early. I dont think its an issue if its the same day.
Old May 15, 2022, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by kingcole974
Guess I knew thats the correct answer. Its just the thought of having to call BA holidays!
call the duty office number as listed on your car hire voucher, very helpful.
Old May 16, 2022, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Just called. Got through in less than 30 mins. Change made with no fee and as the car rental had become slightly cheaper, the balance to pay is 28 less

happy days!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.