Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your best status benefit?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
1) Lounge access /First Wing

Theoretical seating comes a close second- though I have missed out the last few flights as they've been rammed.
stewaran likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
First wing, Easy Check in at Non UK airports (usually), fast track security where available
trolleymusic likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
For me it's access to AA's Flagship Lounges and Admirals Clubs. Also the free advance seat selection, not just on BA, but also on AA in the Main Cabin Extra rows on US domestic flights.
TTmex and allycat53 like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Gold priority, hands down. It saves me several thousand pounds a year for family SH bookings. Some may say that it’s poor value, but a manually arranged ‘old price’ double avios flight booked on the best flights regardless of the cash cost is, personally, a really good benefit. If I was more organised, it might be worth less
Old May 15, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
As Gold (for the moment) lounge access - First Wing, AA Flagship lounges (and Admiral Clubs elsewhere), free seat selection (+AA main cabin extra), extra baggage (and free AA baggage) - and arrivals lounge at LHR - particuarly for those TATL WT bookings!
efincomputer likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Most useful benefit (especially during COVID) was business class check in

Most used/best has to be lounge access, especially travelling Y 90% of the time now
Fatdickie likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 12:49 pm

First wing... Knowing that I'm 40 minutes from home to lounge 90% of the time is amazing.

When I was based in Sydney it was the Qantas First lounge and SATS Premier check in in SIN.

Now being back in Europe with a family place in Cyprus the exceptional value RFS to LCA...
Radiation Station likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 1:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I can't say I have any favourite parts of status nowadays as they all have some sort of relevant importance in their own way so overall I enjoy the Gold/Emerald benefits.

Going back few years though, whether you were Silver or Gold, I think a great status benefit but specific to 747's was being able to bank 64K
Tredders likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 5:26 pm

bag tags definitely...
Old May 15, 2022, 5:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by London Dude
For me it's access to AA's Flagship Lounges and Admirals Clubs. Also the free advance seat selection, not just on BA, but also on AA in the Main Cabin Extra rows on US domestic flights.
Deffo good advantage for me. I'm up in the US a fair bit and access to their lounges is a huge benefit especially when you know even people flying domestic First have no entry, bar the transcontinental routes
Old May 16, 2022, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Joker.

Joker.

Did I say Joker?!
Would it be fair to say though that fast track priviledges (both for check in and security) goes without saying for those earning Jokers?

If you didn't get fast track priviledges and had to queue everytime, would Joker's still be your best status benefit?
Old May 16, 2022, 2:28 am

As a GCH, it is for me priority check in access/fast track security. I sort of bundle them toggether as typically they come together and both are designed to expedite the process.

Of course I completely value the other benefits, such as lounge access and reward availability. But the portion of my business travel in europ eoften includes low cost carriers, and it is at those times when I am at the back of a check in or security queue I am reminded of how much I value my gold card. At those points I would trade lounge access to get through the queue quicker.
Old May 16, 2022, 2:32 am

Free exit row seating in Y on European Shorthaul when it combines with Lounge Access, especially on a T3 route I would chose this over a LCC if cost comparative. If you can time it right means a lunch and drinks at LHR and arriving around hotel check-in time.

I do find in Exit rows it tends to mean no one sat next to you.

Also with status on shorthops it means the CE benefit is negligible.

Business bag drop and priority security a close second especially when running close to the cutoff.
Old May 16, 2022, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by BillyBleach
Would it be fair to say though that fast track priviledges (both for check in and security) goes without saying for those earning Jokers?

If you didn't get fast track priviledges and had to queue everytime, would Joker's still be your best status benefit?
Absolutely. Jokers is to me the single most useful benefit that keeps me renewing GGL every year. Because there's no point in having Avios without Jokers to unlock availability for a ticket, unless you're able to plan your trips 300+ days in advance. And without a ticket, all the fast track is moot!
Old May 16, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
As silver I'd say mine are: -

1. Free seat selection
2. Lounge access
3. Fast track security
4. Bonus Avios
Keystone and TedToToe like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.