Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Broken seat in CW LHR-JFK

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Must admit I'm at a loss as to why they even have doors never mind flippin' locks. All getting a bit ridiculous if you ask me. Whatever next I wonder?
They offer better privacy. Have you ever tried the product or similar products such a Qsuites?
rt23456p likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ermis177
They offer better privacy.
What for?
Old May 15, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by _kurt
It should be! I hear doors are “in Vogue” right now.
Clever
Old May 15, 2022, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by jeremyBA
So the doors on the new club “suite “ ( always makes me laugh - clearly Ba and I have a different idea of what a suite is!) lock ?? Why would they do that ?
The lock is for when they’re open, to secure them for taxi, take off and landing…
camdentown likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 1:38 pm

What for?
I will answer your question when for once you answer mine
sl1ppy likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Whatever next I wonder?
Whatever next? Maybe they'll even answer the phone within 30 minutes or give people something nice to eat in J. Probably that's a bit far-fetched though
Old May 15, 2022, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GFL. Marriott. Emirates Pla
What I don't understand is how can there be a taxes difference from CW to F, when departing from UK there is APD on Anything more than economy.
Going from CF revenue to F in Avios should attract no more taxes, so 80,000 avois unless outright booking.
u01sss3 likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 1:07 am

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Originally Posted by L1705
The lock is for when they’re open, to secure them for taxi, take off and landing…
I was on Air France the other day and their business has doors - they don’t lock !
Old May 16, 2022, 1:37 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by powershell
What I don't understand is how can there be a taxes difference from CW to F, when departing from UK there is APD on Anything more than economy.
Going from CF revenue to F in Avios should attract no more taxes, so 80,000 avois unless outright booking.
They are not "tax" differences, but BA surcharge differences.
Old May 16, 2022, 3:21 am

I agree them breaking. Have you ever seen a man trying to 'fix' something. They pull and yank and then break it claiming its flimsy and not well made (at least my husband is like this - wouldnt dream of requesting assistance!)
rt23456p likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Had a broken seat in first London to Mexico last year. Manually tried to override it to no avail. 2 days later we were compensated with £800 voucher. Didn't make any fuss as was a day flight and was happy to sit upright for the duration. Was shocked to receive any compensation as we didn't really tell anyone. Lovely gesture and has paid for a European Trip in coming weeks.
rt23456p likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by jeremyBA
I was on Air France the other day and their business has doors - they don’t lock !
their new seat isn’t being rolled out until September and does have a lock/catch?
And their current seat doesn’t have a door?
Old May 16, 2022, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

The door panel from inside was missing so all you could see was exposed wood and the insides of the door. (Can’t attach pic as too new to forum still)

It was stuck in open position and didn’t close or move at all.

We upgraded about 4 hrs before departure at checkin and there were no other free seats in CW when we boarded. We weren’t offered a specific seat or to choose our seats just given these two. The crew definitely knew the seat and door were out of action when we boarded as the comment that was made!

I guess I’m disappointed they took the £449 from me for the seat knowing it was broken. No reply yet from complaint ( a week and counting) but was advised there could be a delay. Now I don’t really want Avios but a refund!
Old May 16, 2022, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by annawintour
... The crew definitely knew the seat and door were out of action when we boarded as the comment that was made!

I guess I’m disappointed they took the £449 from me for the seat knowing it was broken. No reply yet from complaint ( a week and counting) but was advised there could be a delay. Now I don’t really want Avios but a refund!
That sounds extremely poor and a new low. Selling a broken seat during check in would be borderline fraud.
Old May 17, 2022, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Update- they offered 5,000 Avios.

I’ve gone back and asked for a refund or Avios to the value of £449 for upgrade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.