Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Possible delays at GLA over the next few days

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star

Not strictly BA related but cws suggest I post

Over the next few days there is a mass exodus from Glasgow to Seville

On Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th there are countless additional charter flights from GLA , in particularly to Jerez

Glasgow airport is considering opening security at 3am rather than 4am.

If travelling through GLA in the next few days (and to a lesser extent EDI and MAN) then please allow plenty of time.

The busiest periods will be when the LCCs are flying to southern Spain, along with when the charters are leaving. mostly on Tuesday 17th and Wedneday 18th in the morning. However there are some creative routings, Faro, Gib, and even to north africa and then a ferry, along with many flying somwhere to then catch a flight to southern spain. Expect longer delays at security than usual
Old May 14, 2022, 6:27 am

The flying college down in Jerez won’t know what has hit them! 😄 A very nice city it is too, as is Seville.
Old May 14, 2022, 6:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And the key word missing so far is Rangers.
Old May 14, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
If travelling through GLA in the next few days (and to a lesser extent EDI and MAN) then please allow plenty of time.
I doubt too much movement from EDI, BHD on the other hand...
Good luck to everyone lucky enough to be going!
GlasgowBlue and JD1905 like this.
Old May 14, 2022, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm a supporter of Queens Park however the best of luck to them.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old May 14, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And the key word missing so far is Rangers.
These guys are based in Spain? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old May 14, 2022, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
There are some other potential issues...
HIDDY, wrp96, birdiedouble and 3 others like this.
Old May 14, 2022, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Genius1
These guys are based in Spain? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers

Genius1 likes this.

Last edited by HIDDY; May 14, 2022 at 9:45 am
Old May 14, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Through staggering lack of foresight, I've managed to be in the air during the final, here's hoping the WiFi works!

Tip of the hat to scottishpoet for the reminder, will add a little bit of buffer, I'd completely missed the (obvious in hindsight) issue!
Old May 14, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
GLA was busier yesterday than I've seen it for years. There was a queue for the queue for security. Lounge was busy too.
HIDDY, wrp96, BertieBadger and 1 others like this.
Old May 14, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by crazy8534
I doubt too much movement from EDI, BHD on the other hand...
Good luck to everyone lucky enough to be going!
You may be surprised in all honesty (I know quite a lot of people departing from EDI)

I'm part of the Rangers exodus via GLA, but savvy enough to depart Monday evening for LHR, and will have Fast Track, so hopefully avoiding the backlog which Tuesday & Wednesday will bring.

Safe travels to everyone going.
Old May 14, 2022, 1:18 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by TheChangingMan
GLA was busier yesterday than I've seen it for years. There was a queue for the queue for security. Lounge was busy too.
Was the same on Thursday morning. I arrived at 05:20 for the 06:30 LCY flight and they had closed all of the entry gates to security with an overfill queue area in the old restaurant area however fast track users were able to skip that if they asked staff who let people through the tensa barriers if you showed them fast track validity.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman
I'm part of the Rangers exodus via GLA, but savvy enough to depart Monday evening for LHR, and will have Fast Track, so hopefully avoiding the backlog which Tuesday & Wednesday will bring.
Be sure to let us know how GLA looks like when you go through, though I guess you may have other things to focus on. Have a good flight.
Old May 15, 2022, 6:33 am
formerly JackDann

Any way to check BHD and BFS Schedules for the week - I’d imagine there will be a few charters going from here also. I fully expect BHD to be able to cope, BFS on the other hand…
Old May 15, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Be sure to let us know how GLA looks like when you go through, though I guess you may have other things to focus on. Have a good flight.
I will do, I'll post when I get into the lounge tomorrow aftenoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.