Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Possible delays at GLA over the next few days

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible delays at GLA over the next few days

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'm a supporter of Queens Park however the best of luck to them.
A very good day for you, today!
HIDDY likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 4:40 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Quick update for anyone travelling through GLA this morning/noon, I went through at 11.10am HBO, saw there was quite a large queue for economy check in, Club Europe was quiet only 1 person in that line.

Fast track security had 4 people, normal security was busy but flowing well, no real queues to speak of. Got to the lounge 11.18 which is currently about 40% full.

Airside pretty busy with Starbucks selling beers at the entrance to their area, 1st time I saw that and few sombrero's also to be seen.
Old May 16, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Be sure to let us know how GLA looks like when you go through, though I guess you may have other things to focus on. Have a good flight.
I came through GLA at 16.30 Monday, ghost town, no wait at check in, or fast track (even normal securty was deserted) - To ba fair I don't think that's a general reflection of earlier today from what I've heard
Old May 16, 2022, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
the team flew out at 14:30 today

I am led to believe there are around 30 charters flying out between tomorrow and wednesday

Airprox do you have any info on the charter movements to Seville and Jerez this week?
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by Genius1
These guys are based in Spain? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers
I would have been disappointed with the FT lot, if nobody would have made that pun. My confidence in FT delivering is sustained.

And FT isn't e.g. Financial Times.
efincomputer likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 2:25 pm

If flightradar is to believed, the Titan charter this afternoon was on one of their A321 fleet - G-XATW, painted in the Johnson/Truss vanity "union flag" livery. I should imagine that livery will have gone down like a plate of cold sick in Glasgow
Old May 16, 2022, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by rcspeirs
If flightradar is to believed, the Titan charter this afternoon was on one of their A321 fleet - G-XATW, painted in the Johnson/Truss vanity "union flag" livery. I should imagine that livery will have gone down like a plate of cold sick in Glasgow
Not with the half of the city who are Seville bound, if anything this would have been an intentional choice.
Old May 16, 2022, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by rcspeirs
its an old photo on fr 24

the aircraft has been repainted black recently
Cw novice likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL
I can confirm the Titan A321 was indeed black
Old May 16, 2022, 10:09 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Quick update on security queues at Glasgow this morning.

Arrived at 04:15 (hopefully it’s a long time before I have to set my alarm for 3am again!). No queues at all at the boarding pass scanners.

Priority security was a case of straight through as well and no wait at all to put bags through the scanners. From walking into the terminal to being out the other side of security must have been less than 5 minutes.

For regular security there were smallish queues however they were moving very quickly. My guess was no one in these queues was waiting more than 10 minutes to get through security after their boarding pass scan.

Having said that, this was obviously VERY early in the morning. The number of people entering the airport building and joining the security queues seemed to be increasing significantly as each minute passed.

Obviously going to be very busy today however fair play to the security operation so far. Plenty of staff and everything moving very quickly.

Last edited by GlasgowBlue; May 16, 2022 at 10:40 pm
Old May 18, 2022, 2:55 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Passed through at around 8.40am, there's still a significant number of fans traveling. 4 parties in the queue for Club/BAEC check-in, considerably more in Economy.

Fast track security no queues, regular security seemed lengthy, but by no means the worst I've ever seen. It seemed to be moving smoothly.

Lounge maybe 50-60% occupancy.

All in all, it seems the airport has handled this very well, clearly much busier than normal for this time but everything seems to be well oiled (as I'm sure some of the fans will be later )
Old May 18, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Thoughts and prayers with the population of Seville :-)
red duster likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm just glad that my flight to LCY is tomorrow, and not today!
Old May 18, 2022, 4:05 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by RockyRobin
Thoughts and prayers with the population of Seville :-)
Old May 18, 2022, 4:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The team seem to have performed well so should be proud of themselves even in defeat....as should the fans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.