FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Aircraft Registration [BA2039 LGW-MCO, 23 May 2022] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2079165-aircraft-registration-ba2039-lgw-mco-23-may-2022-a.html)

Sazio May 13, 2022 3:29 am

Aircraft Registration [BA2039 LGW-MCO, 23 May 2022]

Hi,

does anyone know if there’s a way to find out which aircraft registration is operating your flight? I know you can check flight radar, but that only generally shows the specific aircraft a day or two in advance.

thanks

Can I help you May 13, 2022 3:39 am

It could change right up to 1 hour before departure Ex the UK, when are you travelling?

Sazio May 13, 2022 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 34246083)
It could change right up to 1 hour before departure Ex the UK, when are you travelling?

We’re travelling LGW-MCO on 3rd June, so 3 weeks today

SonicStar817 May 13, 2022 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Sazio (Post 34246102)
We’re travelling LGW-MCO on 3rd June, so 3 weeks today

You would more than likely be on an LGW configured 777. You can narrow this down by seeing how many seats are in the Premium Economy cabin. The Rolls Royce powered aircraft have 48 seats (5 aircraft) and the GE powered aircraft have 52 seats (6 aircraft).

Can I help you May 13, 2022 4:10 am

Ask again the day before, we should have an idea then.

Sazio May 13, 2022 4:13 am

Thanks, we are in WTP+ which has rows 10-15 so I think it’s going to be a 77S, but intrigued to find out the registration?

How is best to find out the registration?

also concerned that G-YMMR has positioned into LGW today and really hoping we don’t get an aircraft that has been refurbished.

FamilyOf6 May 13, 2022 4:14 am

others gave same info earlier

FamilyOf6 May 13, 2022 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Sazio (Post 34246124)
Thanks, we are in WTP+ which has rows 10-15 so I think it’s going to be a 77S, but intrigued to find out the registration?

also concerned that G-YMMR has positioned into LGW today and really hoping we don’t get an aircraft that has been refurbished.

G-YMMR seems to position to LGW most Fridays and tends to operate the Islamabad route for the weekend before heading back.

SonicStar817 May 13, 2022 4:20 am

In that case its planned to be one of the RR versions. But this can change anytime and without warning.

Regarding YMMR, I imagine it positioned over to LGW due to YMME overnighting in KIN due to the ATC strike that occurred across Jamaica yesterday. Swaps with LHR based 777s do happen (and can be on reconfigured Club Suite aircraft as well) but I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point.

Sazio May 13, 2022 4:21 am

Originally Posted by FamilyOf6 (Post 34246131)
G-YMMR seems to position to LGW most Fridays and tends to operate the Islamabad route for the weekend before heading back.

oh that’s interesting, as it looks like she’s off to Tampa today

FamilyOf6 May 13, 2022 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Sazio (Post 34246138)
oh that’s interesting, as it looks like she’s off to Tampa today

Yes, looking back a bit further, it has done MCO/TPA a couple of times.

One of the un-refurbed 5 has now been completed (G-YMMT) if another goes in soon, you'll have a very slim chance of having a non-refurbed plane subbed onto your flight.

Sazio May 13, 2022 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 34246117)
Ask again the day before, we should have an idea then.

would you just check flightrader24 to check this?

Can I help you May 13, 2022 4:34 am

Don’t focus on this as you will be disappointed, as advised check back the day before.
No, there are other ways for people with contacts in BA.

Sigwx May 13, 2022 4:37 am

if you are on a 777 with WTP 10-15 it is a 77J and it’ll be one of YMMB/C/D/E/F. They are all ‘LGW densified’ aircraft so have seen some refurb work.

The 77S only was 3 rows of WTP.

We typically only see an aircraft reg on our rosters about 3 days out. So much can change and it isn’t rare to see the reg change between allocation and report.

Sazio May 13, 2022 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Sigwx (Post 34246159)
if you are on a 777 with WTP 10-15 it is a 77J and it’ll be one of YMMB/C/D/E/F. They are all ‘LGW densified’ aircraft so have seen some refurb work.

The 77S only was 3 rows of WTP.

We typically only see an aircraft reg on our rosters about 3 days out. So much can change and it isn’t rare to see the reg change between allocation and report.

Oh thanks; that’s really helpful! I thought 77S covered YMMB/C/D/E/F and that 77J was YMMR/R/T/U?