Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Aircraft Registration [BA2039 LGW-MCO, 23 May 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aircraft Registration [BA2039 LGW-MCO, 23 May 2022]

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Sazio
How do you know the flight is delayed already?
It is showing as a delay on Flightstatus.
ba.com/flightstatus
Knowing LGW there is likely to be some shuffling around of limited aircraft options, so perhaps waiting for another aircraft arriving tomorrow to be reallocated to MCO.
Sazio likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It is showing as a delay on Flightstatus.
ba.com/flightstatus
Knowing LGW there is likely to be some shuffling around of limited aircraft options, so perhaps waiting for another aircraft arriving tomorrow to be reallocated to MCO.
ah ok, I’ve never used flight status before so thanks for sharing that.
Old May 23, 2022, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airprox
Ahh I see. It's YMMC currently (77S).
Hi, are you able to advise how you found out the ‘potential’ registration a few days in advance?
Old May 23, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA silver
Is it just me, or does anyone else find this persistent questioning about just one flight from someone who by their own admission(post 39) is ‘passionate about aviation’, and an ‘av geek’(post 34), but who seems unaware of the availability of basic info, somewhat concerning?
Old May 23, 2022, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dorsetboy
Is it just me, or does anyone else find this persistent questioning about just one flight from someone who by their own admission(post 39) is ‘passionate about aviation’, and an ‘av geek’(post 34), but who seems unaware of the availability of basic info, somewhat concerning?
Goodness no, I do not mean any harm at all!! And I certainly don’t want to start concerning people. You may have seen I posted I’m travelling this route in the near future so purely curious to see what reg are operating (I log the aircraft I flown on before, call me sad I know) so always trying to work out the chances of whether it’ll be one I’ve flown on before 😂 Please don’t take this in a way to be concerned at all, because that’s not at all how I’m meaning to come across! I apologise if I have caused any concern
Old May 23, 2022, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Sazio
Hi, are you able to advise how you found out the ‘potential’ registration a few days in advance?
I think that you have already been told: Only insiders will have access to this information. And there is absolutely no point whatsoever asking for it in advance for your purposes, because (as you have already found out) it can and frequently does change, almost up to the point of departure.

You are not alone in logging the registrations of aircraft you've flown on. But you simply can't know for sure which aircraft you are flying on until the moment the aircraft lifts off the runway.
Sazio likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
How about logging them once they have operated, that way you have the facts?
dougzz and Sazio like this.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
How about logging them once they have operated, that way you have the facts?
ah good idea, thanks for the tip
Old May 23, 2022, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I think that you have already been told: Only insiders will have access to this information. And there is absolutely no point whatsoever asking for it in advance for your purposes, because (as you have already found out) it can and frequently does change, almost up to the point of departure.

You are not alone in logging the registrations of aircraft you've flown on. But you simply can't know for sure which aircraft you are flying on until the moment the aircraft lifts off the runway.
I know, haha, put it that way it’s so true that until you’re actually flying it could still change 😅
Old May 23, 2022, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
And to show that I’m not a nasty person, (just one you pissed off) send me pms and I will get you the information.
Old May 23, 2022, 3:44 pm
A13

Programs: BA Silver
what a bizarre thread
Old May 23, 2022, 4:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by A13
what a bizarre thread
I honestly don't think it is.

We should all bear in mind that here we have a relatively new member of our flyertalk community who is just overkeen to know the registration number etc. A very enthusiastic AV geek by their own admission so I think we should cut them a little slack.

As for bizarre threads, if you want to see some I know a website where you can read about people flying from the UK to Budapest to then fly back to the UK, then onwards to Helsinki before stopping in at least 2 USA airports before then heading out to Honolulu. Some of them even do it 3 or 4 times a year!

(I honestly do enjoy reading about such TP runs, hat tip to those who find them, share them and post their experiences)

Pete

Last edited by PETER01; May 23, 2022 at 4:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.