Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Where to do a video consultation covid test at T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to do a video consultation covid test at T5

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Just curious - since you can't check in for your US flight until your results are verified, how will you be getting into the lounge?

If I could reach the lounge without testing, I'd probably not test - haven't ever needed a test to "enter" the US in the many trips we've taken over the past two years, just a test to get the boarding pass from the check in counter or OLCI.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by stevebintley
US travel requires it to be either administered by a professional, or certified via video call.
Officially yes, but in reality VeriFLY accepts pretty much anything.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by QT31415
Just curious - since you can't check in for your US flight until your results are verified, how will you be getting into the lounge?

If I could reach the lounge without testing, I'd probably not test - haven't ever needed a test to "enter" the US in the many trips we've taken over the past two years, just a test to get the boarding pass from the check in counter or OLCI.
I'm doing a positioning flight from LHR to JER the day prior to the US flight, so I'll be entering T5 on a domestic journey prior to taking the test, and doing the test to satisfy OLCI during the day prior. I don't really have time once in JER to do the test there, plus I don't want to get stuck if I do get a positive, since I'm assuming I won't be able to check in for JER-LHR-LAS without satisfying the US segment.
Old May 9, 2022, 3:12 pm

Hi, we traveled recently to the us and used a basic Klarity self test kit, did the test the day before travel, uploaded results and got a certificate back in under an hour. Uploaded the certificate to verifly and got the green tick almost instantly. Apparently there is no difference in the certificates issued for both self test and video monitored. Worked perfectly for all three of us, even used our own test kit. Will definitely use again if the states are still requiring this when we go next. There’s a whole thread on here about klarity.
Old May 9, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by cdtdevelopments
Hi, we traveled recently to the us and used a basic Klarity self test kit, did the test the day before travel, uploaded results and got a certificate back in under an hour. Uploaded the certificate to verifly and got the green tick almost instantly. Apparently there is no difference in the certificates issued for both self test and video monitored. Worked perfectly for all three of us, even used our own test kit. Will definitely use again if the states are still requiring this when we go next. There’s a whole thread on here about klarity.
+1 Klarity and NHS lateral flow test will work just fine. We also used Chronomics.
Old May 9, 2022, 7:03 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cdtdevelopments
But this goes against the rules for entry into the US. The test has to be either administered by a ‘health care professional’ or video supervised.
Old May 9, 2022, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
But this goes against the rules for entry into the US. The test has to be either administered by a ‘health care professional’ or video supervised.
A loophole, it seems. Once Verifly has given you the "green light" and you can check in, nobody in the entire chain seems to care anymore how you got that green checkmark. Another arbitrage is with the video supervised tests. Depending on the type, it is possible to engage in shenanigans so as to test "negative" with certainty. I shall not describe them here.
Old May 18, 2022, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Just in case someone is wondering the same in the future, the lounge toilets proved an ideal spot for this. The angle of the sink and the mirror work perfectly and the shelf is handy. Although the B lounge was fairly busy there was no cause for embarrassment and I doubt anyone even saw / heard.

Fortunately I got the negative result so enjoyed the jaunt to Jersey and now waiting for my first ever Club Suite flight; can’t wait!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.