Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Gold Tier Point card expiry date.

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 11:37 am
Original Poster

BA Gold Tier Point card expiry date.

I’ve had a look through some of the discussions on here and can’t seem to find my specific set of circumstances covered. Apologies if there are, but here is my question:

My collection year ends on 8 Sept 2022. It’s telling me how many points I need to retain Gold (395). But now tells me my card expiry isn’t until 31 Oct 2023.

Does that mean if I don’t collect my 395 points before Sept that I keep enjoy benefits of Gold no matter what for an extra year? And that between this September and Sept 23 I need to then get 1500 points to keep Gold status beyond that...?

Worried that I finish just shy of the 395 this September and miss out completely for the sake of 40-80 points.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I ran BA Gold Line and they didn’t seem particularly sure themselves.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TracyMcQ
Does that mean if I don’t collect my 395 points before Sept that I keep enjoy benefits of Gold no matter what for an extra year? And that between this September and Sept 23 I need to then get 1500 points to keep Gold status beyond that...?
I have the same schedule (September as renewal month) and yes as a Gold you will keep that for another year. Around April 20th you should have received an email with the subject “Exciting news about your membership” that mentioned this.

The second question is more nuanced. In general yes but don’t forget that until December 31st 2022 you can still benefit from the reduced tier points requirement to extend Gold for another year from September 2023.
TracyMcQ likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I’ve had a look through some of the discussions on here and can’t seem to find my specific set of circumstances covered. Apologies if there are, but here is my question:

My collection year ends on 8 Sept 2022. It’s telling me how many points I need to retain Gold (395). But now tells me my card expiry isn’t until 31 Oct 2023.

Worried that I finish just shy of the 395 this September and miss out completely for the sake of 40-80 points.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I ran BA Gold Line and they didn’t seem particularly sure themselves.
As noted above, BAEC extended Golds with TP collection years ending thru September (this means you) for another year; GGLs with tier collection years thru December were also extended. See the main status extension thread here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...duced-312.html

Even if you don’t obtain those 395 TPs before 8SEPT you have already been extended. After 8SEPT, the TPs you have earned this collection year will expire. Thru 31DEC22, to renew for 2024, you only need to collect 1125 TPs.l; otherwise you must collect the normal 1500 before 8SEPT23 to renew.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Double post
Old May 8, 2022, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, TracyMcQ!
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
As noted above, BAEC extended Golds with TP collection years ending thru September (this means you) for another year; GGLs with tier collection years thru December were also extended. See the main status extension thread here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...duced-312.html
As it's a long thread, I wonder whether it may be worth the OP starting with this link, which should redirect to the point at which the recent extensions were announced: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post34180260
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveller 935
I have the same schedule (September as renewal month) and yes as a Gold you will keep that for another year. Around April 20th you should have received an email with the subject “Exciting news about your membership” that mentioned this.

The second question is more nuanced. In general yes but don’t forget that until December 31st 2022 you can still benefit from the reduced tier points requirement to extend Gold for another year from September 2023.
Brilliant. Thanks. Super helpful.

The thing is that I didn’t receive that email from BA in late April, so that’s why I was a bit worried. I don’t suppose you can copy the contents of that email as a reply on here can you (without your personal details obviously)?
Old May 9, 2022, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Double post
Apologies. I was struggling to find the specific recent update in a long post which already existed. I’m new to this forum and haven’t quite got my eye in yet as to how it works and where to find the most up-to-date relevant info.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Brilliant. Thanks. Super helpful.

The thing is that I didn’t receive that email from BA in late April, so that’s why I was a bit worried. I don’t suppose you can copy the contents of that email as a reply on here can you (without your personal details obviously)?
No worries, a screenshot of the email can be seen in post 4510 of that same thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.