Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Does BA know AS is part of oneworld (missing Avios)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH,ITA,BA Silver,AY Gold

Hi,
Went to check via the website for some Avios & Tier points from a single segment flown in April. Nothing in the account so I went to claim the Avios. Under the pull-down menu for partner airlines Alaska is not listed. If you try the 'other airlines' route the form needs to be faxed (really, in 2022!)
Is there any wise advice out there? They want to take away my Avios in September because of lack of activities due to covid.
TIA
ronin98syu likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by miandrew
Hi,
Went to check via the website for some Avios & Tier points from a single segment flown in April. Nothing in the account so I went to claim the Avios. Under the pull-down menu for partner airlines Alaska is not listed. If you try the 'other airlines' route the form needs to be faxed (really, in 2022!)
Is there any wise advice out there? They want to take away my Avios in September because of lack of activities due to covid.
TIA
Send a private message to BAMissingAvios on this board
Old May 8, 2022, 1:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by abligh
Send a private message to BAMissingAvios on this board
This should really only be done as a last resort. In the first instance missing TPs and Avios should be claimed by following the published process.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
This should really only be done as a last resort. In the first instance missing TPs and Avios should be claimed by following the published process.
But according to the OP, the published process (claim online) does not work because Alaska is not included on the dropdown despite being a partner airline.
zen100 and ronin98syu like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:05 am

Give BAEC a call. You don’t need to fax anything. Usually they’ll ask for e-ticket number, flight number, date and booking reference. Should be credited within a few days without fax. If that fails then you can PM BAMissingAvios here which should solve things for sure
Old May 8, 2022, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Give BAEC a call. You don’t need to fax anything. Usually they’ll ask for e-ticket number, flight number, date and booking reference. Should be credited within a few days without fax. If that fails then you can PM BAMissingAvios here which should solve things for sure
After submitting a claim for missing AS miles/TP, two weeks later I was asked to fax boarding passes (or email, which I did). After providing the original booking, i've still had no response in over a month. YMMV.
Old May 8, 2022, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by FlyingGames
After submitting a claim for missing AS miles/TP, two weeks later I was asked to fax boarding passes (or email, which I did). After providing the original booking, i've still had no response in over a month. YMMV.
I think it would now be reasonable to PM BAMissingAvios now in your case.
Old May 8, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
I think it would now be reasonable to PM BAMissingAvios now in your case.
I’m wondering why it wouldn’t be reasonable to go straight to that option, given the absence of a convenient or reliable alternative. It’s what I did (albeit without a response yet).

Last edited by fripperies; May 8, 2022 at 12:03 pm Reason: typo edited to make it comprehensible
Old May 8, 2022, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by fripperies
I’m why it wouldn’t be reasonable to go straight to that option, given the absence of a convenient or reliable alternative. It’s what I did (albeit without a response yet).
I believe BAMissingAvios is encouraged as an escalation channel rather than a first point of contact. I guess that’s to ensure we don’t “scare off”/overwhelm them.
Old May 8, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
It's absurd BA doesn't include AS as an automatic process to enable such claims though. AA posts within 24 hours, AS after a week, nothing. It's been over a year since AS joined OneWorld
Old May 8, 2022, 8:01 pm

BA does a terrible job posting Avios from AS flights. They fail 90 percent of the time. And if you dare to chase the points, they ask for an absurd amount of documentation, and then they fail again. And every piece of information they ask for is already in their systems, or in AS’s systems. I think Monty Python did a skit on this; it is called “The Cheese Shop.”
Old May 10, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: AA LTPlat, Marriott LTTitanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I took 4 long AS flights the first week of February and connecting AA flights at the same time. The AA flights were credited the next day and still no luck on the AS flights. I called AS, they said call BA. I called BA and the rep said call AS. I called back to AS and they opened a case file. I faxed BA the boarding passes and all the data the website claims is needed and no response. Called back to BA and rep said it would be taken care of. DM'd BAMissingAvios with all my data and received prompt reply to wait for up to 28 days. DM'd BAMissingAvios after 28 days and was informed no reply from AS from their request. Called AS referencing the previous case number and escalated call supposedly 3 levels and was informed no request had been made by BA. AS said they would email me a letter to send to BA showing I had taken the flights. No email. Very frustrating as I only took the AS flights to get to Gold status. Not the end of the world as I usually fly first class (albeit AA) to and from London, but still I'd like to get to lifetime Gold on BA and use the Qantas first lounge in LAX when it finally opens. I think BA should manually credit the miles and flights and perhaps some bonus miles for making me use the biz lounge in LHR for the first time ever and untold hours waiting on the phone to talk to someone. Anyone have any suggestions?
EuropeanPete and zedarmill like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 12:01 pm

After the 3rd call to the US BA service center I was asked to submit documents at this URL. Just be sure to be logged in to your BA account first or all the information will be lost during the subsequent request to login. The rep said it should take no more than two days to process, but maybe 7 days. I'm happy I only had to wait on hold for about an hour. Crossed fangers.

ba.com/ecsupportingdocs
Old May 13, 2022, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by boogen
After the 3rd call to the US BA service center I was asked to submit documents at this URL. Just be sure to be logged in to your BA account first or all the information will be lost during the subsequent request to login. The rep said it should take no more than two days to process, but maybe 7 days. I'm happy I only had to wait on hold for about an hour. Crossed fangers.

ba.com/ecsupportingdocs
Happy to report the URL above did the trick and my AS flights were credited to my BA account within 12 hrs of filling in the form.
1Aturnleft likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.