Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BA Flights Operated by Finnair

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Umbongo
Thank you also. It's a pity really because, I guess, the Finnair IT offering is probably much superior to BA's and would tend to avoid the BA glitches
if you feel that way, book finnair marketed flights. People on this flight booked and will effectively get ba on a finnair plane with finnair crew delivering ba service.

BA bag drop in whichever terminal the flight leaves from, ba on line check in, ba flight number, ba baggage handling...
rt23456p likes this.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Aug 20, 2022 at 5:28 pm
Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Wetleases have always been non BA crew onboard - whether that has been Qatar, Titan, JetTime etc. BA crew would not operated a flight on some other airlines metal. I think the check in agents were just confused.

The safety videos are AY’s, and you will have enjoyed the novelty of overhead video screens. They will just do that as normal for their aircraft since safety instructions are specific for aircraft and operator
That’s actually what I would have thought, as I’d think you’d need crew who’ve worked specifically that equipment before… this may actually be the first time I’d had a wet-lease BA flight, which is why I was genuinely curious what to expect. On the whole, it was certainly perfectly OK.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Schultzois
.....I was told at CE/CW check-in that it would be BA staff on AY equipment. This was not actually correct, as the staff was AY not BA, which makes me think that some of the juggling left even BA staff misinformed.
Operated by finnair flights will be finnair crew. Sometomes wet lease there is one extra crew member from the marketing carrier to help the crew undersrand thevservuce. i have never seen ba do that though.

It may be they increased the size of CE late

And yes you will get the safety briefing for the aircraft equipment you are on. For example, How to tie to the life vest may vary as they will not have loaded BA life vests, leaving the finnair crew with safety equipment they are familiarvwith
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by camdentown
Full BA standard.
And, I might add, very professional cabin crew with very good and attentive service.
I agree. Was totally pleased with the whole experience.
Porky Speedpig and rt23456p like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:26 pm
formerly rt23456p

Free service level upgrade! Although not to the QR extent where QR flies their A320s with proper business class seats that can recline that have 45 inch of pitch.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Thank you also. It's a pity really because, I guess, the Finnair IT offering is probably much superior to BA's and would tend to avoid the BA glitches
Sadly you would be mistaken. There is even a specific thread on the Finnair forum about IT issues...
trolleymusic likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Locky84
I had two recent BA flights operated by Finnair and both were very good. Both had large CE cabins which were managed well with multiple drinks runs and the meal service. Cabin crew were really friendly. All very pleasant. And the flights were on time too!
Exactly my experience on my last Finnair operated BA flight. Large and full CE cabin, multiple drinks runs, meal service and attentive crew. Despite it being the first day of a five day rotation, the cabin crew had the process to perfection. I have another two Finnair operated BA flights booked in September and looking forward to it
trolleymusic and becks1 like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Sadly you would be mistaken. There is even a specific thread on the Finnair forum about IT issues...
Oh dear! Does any airline - actually, does any "service" outfit - have decent, reliable, customer-friendly IT?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
I know it is not Summer 22, but I have just been emailed to say that my LHR-AGP flight (BA412) on 7th April is now to be operated by Finnair. What can I expect on board?
Robert279 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 6:28 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Oh dear! Does any airline - actually, does any "service" outfit - have decent, reliable, customer-friendly IT?
Well, Air Koryo is in with a shout
Old Feb 22, 2023, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, ALL, IHG, Hilton H
Originally Posted by JSM8
I know it is not Summer 22, but I have just been emailed to say that my LHR-AGP flight (BA412) on 7th April is now to be operated by Finnair. What can I expect on board?
I would think the experiences of other flyers as noted previously on this thread would be expected........
Old Feb 22, 2023, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
My LHR-NAP flight has also been switch to Finnair. I'm not that upset over the crew and equipment swap, but I am annoyed by the move back to T5. Seems like all of the NAP flights have been moved back to T5 so changing flights won't make any difference in that regard.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Ticket Fairy
I would think the experiences of other flyers as noted previously on this thread would be expected........
I have a flight to one of the Greek Islands in October that's now going to be Finnair operared, and im not in the least concerned. I expect it will be the same (or better) than the BA operated flight coming back.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 7:02 am

Duplicate

Last edited by Ticket Fairy; Feb 22, 2023 at 7:03 am Reason: Duplicate post
Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just to add to the thread, there is a rebook policy covering these AY operated flights (same as the one for Titan), so if you would prefer to be on a BA operated flight you can move on to a BA flight for the same route anytime -2/+2 days from the original travel date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.