Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BA Flights Operated by Finnair

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
32B is indeed Finnair’s A321. It is an A321 with sharklets.

If it was a BA A321, it would simply be 321.
Is it an arrangement where BA are wet-leasing specific aircraft, or is it flexible and the actual aircraft reg(s) could vary? I guess I'm wondering if you could get lucky and get an A321 with the LH business product. I THINK some do but I could be wrong. Personally I don't think this would happen as the different configuration would probably cause lots of issues with seating.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Is it an arrangement where BA are wet-leasing specific aircraft, or is it flexible and the actual aircraft reg(s) could vary? I guess I'm wondering if you could get lucky and get an A321 with the LH business product. I THINK some do but I could be wrong. Personally I don't think this would happen as the different configuration would probably cause lots of issues with seating.
Finnair don't have a separate LH business product in their A321s.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
Finnair doesn’t operate A321 with long haul seating. For long haul business class it’s the A330 or A350 only at Finnair. BA used to but I believe these were reconfigured.
Markie likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Finnair’s A321s are all fitted to a single 209 seat short haul config. BA’s Pinnacle seats are marginally more comfortable than Finnair’s Recaro BL3530s, IMHO and the leg room is about the same
Old May 7, 2022, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by duvin
Finnair don't have a separate LH business product in their A321s.
Ah ok. Did they ever? Maybe I'm getting mixed up with the A350.
Old May 7, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I see nothing wrong with the swap, though wish I could get the OWE free drink that is usual on AY services! (just kidding)
Ask bilberry juice if they have any onboard.
Old May 7, 2022, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
Finnair’s A321s are all fitted to a single 209 seat short haul config. BA’s Pinnacle seats are marginally more comfortable than Finnair’s Recaro BL3530s, IMHO and the leg room is about the same
Is the legroom in row 1 around the same as BA?
Old May 7, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Is the legroom in row 1 around the same as BA?
I would say it’s pretty much the same.
Old May 7, 2022, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by e8steve
I would say it’s pretty much the same.
Thanks.
Old May 7, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
How come Finnair is now operating ZAG-LHR? Or is this a wet lease?
Old May 7, 2022, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Its a wet lease for the summer
Old May 7, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Yes, wetlease. And there are other such arrangements, on a variety of routes. All rather exciting

Think of BA s/haul this spring / summer as a mirror of Forrest Gump’s quote from his dear mama (“life is like a box of chocolates ……”)
Old May 7, 2022, 10:12 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
All, any comments on seating in Club? Seat Guru does not seem to have these seat maps. Does row 9 (the solitary seats) recline, and are the exit rows any good? Thanks.
Old May 7, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Yes. it looks like it as my T3 flight from another destination has also switched. Personally, I see nothing wrong with the swap, though wish I could get the OWE free drink that is usual on AY services! (just kidding)
The free drinks were sadly enhanced last September...

​​​​
Old May 7, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by squeeler
All, any comments on seating in Club? Seat Guru does not seem to have these seat maps. Does row 9 (the solitary seats) recline, and are the exit rows any good? Thanks.
The Seat Guru map is correct, but does not show the blocked middle seats. And row 9 has two pairs of seats by the exit, but as Club Europe on seat is blocked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.