FAQ : BA Flights Operated by Finnair

Old Nov 11, 2023, 12:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Not quite on topic but I've done several Finnair flights in J over the last couple of months (codeshares with QR from DOH to CPH) and they've been uniformly excellent. Normally, I'm a big fan of QR's Q-suites but in fact, after a long trip in a Q-suite from east Asia into DOH, the lighter ambiance and more open seating of the Finnair J cabin (from DOH into Europe) has been welcome.
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
I had two flights to Athens and upcoming flight from Rome changed to Finnair and no notification. I dont mind massively but I dont find the Finnair crew very attentive. They are friendly by all means, but they tend to just stand at the back/front of the plane and dont really venture to see passengers once the initial service is done.

I also like the table in CE!

I always used to get notifications but not recently, perhaps theyve stopped it now.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 1:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Only good experience with them, at least on par to BA.

I remember a longer tarmac delay for take off at LHR where they proactively started to bring out the bubbles, something BA crew never did. Crew appears to be more senior than their BA colleagues, at lest on my flight.s

No big difference in terms of metal - enjoy your flight.
SxMan and Radiation Station like this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I flown with them 4 times recently and found them to be very friendly and efficient, the only things to remember are that the don’t have any seat power or Wi-Fi.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 2:08 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
I love Finnair's new long haul seat, their crews and the blueberry juice, however, having a long back and neck I struggle with their short haul seats, which offer no support of my head
Old Nov 11, 2023, 2:32 am

Programs: AA PLT
Had AY operate the BA 554 to Rome back in the summer. The plane was parked somewhere near Hounslow East (a very long bus ride from a C gate, strangely enough), but a very pleasant and motivated crew. On board experience (water and crisps) was exactly the same as BA. Didnt look for WiFi or unseat power.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by DIRECT MERIT
Had AY operate the BA 554 to Rome back in the summer. The plane was parked somewhere near Hounslow East (a very long bus ride from a C gate, strangely enough), but a very pleasant and motivated crew. On board experience (water and crisps) was exactly the same as BA. Didnt look for WiFi or unseat power.
They have their own Nordic sky WiFi which you can connect to but you can do nothing but visit the Finnair website on it.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC
I've just noticed the outbound of a return to Lisbon in January has been changed to be operated by Finnair. Definitely wasn't like that in Sep when I booked but I can't imagine it will make much difference.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC
I had my CPH flight next month changed to Finnair. No email from BA informing me either.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, IHG Diamond Ambasador
I think everything is better compared to BA, except Wi-Fi and power
Old Nov 11, 2023, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Pierre_m
I think everything is better compared to BA, except Wi-Fi and power
I disagree, I would say they are as good.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 8:54 am

Programs: BA silver
Flew LHR ATH in Y on such a flight. A Rosa Klebb type FA confiscated the beer I had liberated from the lounge and gave me a public bollocking.
I had sharp words with the cabin manager as I got off.
wb1969 and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 12:02 pm
Original Member

Remember a change in operator is a get-out-of-jail free card---you can back out and get a refund!
Old Nov 11, 2023, 12:13 pm

No refunds, just a switch to BA metal +/- 2 days
Old Nov 11, 2023, 6:09 pm

Nice flight with AY from BCN to LHR earlier today. Couldnt help notice how efficient the crew were. They had three in EuroTraveller and both the BOB trolley and the water/pretzel trolley were going up the aisle simultaneously but incredibly smooth service.

also, really noticeable how presentable and smart the crew looked. Even the black leather gloves that are worn upon boarding/landing.
PorcoRosso and BAeuro like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.