FAQ : BA Flights Operated by Finnair

Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
FINNAIR for British Airways

Apologies, if this is on another thread, I haven't spotted it

Booking flight home to Prague in September and I notice the LHR-PRG sectors say FINNAIR for British Airways. Does anyone know if the onboard service is Finnair standard or BA, or a reduced service?
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter

Booking flight home to Prague in September and I notice the LHR-PRG sectors say FINNAIR for British Airways. Does anyone know if the onboard service is Finnair standard or BA, or a reduced service?
hi

I think it is ba standard

Regards
tbs
lsquare and KARFA like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by ComputerCommuter

Full BA standard.
And, I might add, very professional cabin crew with very good and attentive service.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Some more comments here.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...d-finnair.html

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Aug 21, 2022 at 12:31 pm Reason: circular link
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by camdentown
Full BA standard.
And, I might add, very professional cabin crew with very good and attentive service.
I agree. On my flight yesterday one of the flight attendants told me there was only one choice of meal and handed me a tray. Clearly it was incorrect as others were offered a choice. She realised her mistake and was mortified and apologised multiple times throughout the flight.

P.S. I wouldve rather had the salmon!
skipness1E and rt23456p like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by ringingup
I agree. On my flight yesterday one of the flight attendants told me there was only one choice of meal and handed me a tray. Clearly it was incorrect as others were offered a choice. She realised her mistake and was mortified and apologised multiple times throughout the flight.
That's very unfortunate. I suspect she reverted to remembering the Finnair service standard, which is indeed one meal (no choice). I have quite some sympathy for both of you here.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:18 am

Mere curiosity on my part but I've searched elsewhere (not exhaustively) and could not find out whether or not you can check-in online through the Finnair app for a BA flight where Finnair is operating that flight. Is it possible?
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Umbongo
Mere curiosity on my part but I've searched elsewhere (not exhaustively) and could not find out whether or not you can check-in online through the Finnair app for a BA flight where Finnair is operating that flight. Is it possible?
No, it's considered a BA flight, it's not a codeshare.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by layz
No, it's considered a BA flight, it's not a codeshare.
Thanks for your quick - if slightly disappointing - reply
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Umbongo
its a BA flight, just the aircraft is painted in finnair colours and the crew are wearing a finnair uniform, but checkin, baggage allowance, service are as per CE/ET. Just like the titan operated flights a few years ago
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
its a BA flight, just the aircraft is painted in finnair colours and the crew are wearing a finnair uniform, but checkin, baggage allowance, service are as per CE/ET. Just like the titan operated flights a few years ago
Thank you also. It's a pity really because, I guess, the Finnair IT offering is probably much superior to BA's and would tend to avoid the BA glitches
Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:23 pm

I had two recent BA flights operated by Finnair and both were very good. Both had large CE cabins which were managed well with multiple drinks runs and the meal service. Cabin crew were really friendly. All very pleasant. And the flights were on time too!
camdentown, becks1 and rt23456p like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:47 pm

I flew LHR-MRS on a BA by FINNAIR in July in CE, and although it was an attempt at CE service, it was also, on my flight, delivered by Finnair cabin crew in Finnair uniforms. Everything was fine, but they did seem a bit unsure about service norms, and this was an Afternoon Tea flight which made it all the more amusing seeing a Finnair crew attempting to replicate BAs admittedly weak CE Afternoon Tea service.

There may have been an equipment change involved in my case, as the LHR-MRS flight suddenly went from being full to having one empty row in CE just the day before. I was the only passenger in that row, on an otherwise full flight. For what its worth, I was curious at check-in how the flight would be operated, and I was told at CE/CW check-in that it would be BA staff on AY equipment. This was not actually correct, as the staff was AY not BA, which makes me think that some of the juggling left even BA staff misinformed.

Last minute add: the recorded safety briefings were in Finnish and English only, even though this was a flight from UK to France
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 3:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Wetleases have always been non BA crew onboard - whether that has been Qatar, Titan, JetTime etc. BA crew would not operated a flight on some other airlines metal. I think the check in agents were just confused.

The safety videos are AYs, and you will have enjoyed the novelty of overhead video screens. They will just do that as normal for their aircraft since safety instructions are specific for aircraft and operator
Old Aug 20, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Schultzois
I flew LHR-MRS on a BA by FINNAIR in July in CE, and although it was an attempt at CE service, it was also, on my flight, delivered by Finnair cabin crew in Finnair uniforms. Everything was fine, but they did seem a bit unsure about service norms, and this was an Afternoon Tea flight which made it all the more amusing seeing a Finnair crew attempting to replicate BAs admittedly weak CE Afternoon Tea service.

There may have been an equipment change involved in my case, as the LHR-MRS flight suddenly went from being full to having one empty row in CE just the day before. I was the only passenger in that row, on an otherwise full flight. For what its worth, I was curious at check-in how the flight would be operated, and I was told at CE/CW check-in that it would be BA staff on AY equipment. This was not actually correct, as the staff was AY not BA, which makes me think that some of the juggling left even BA staff misinformed.

Last minute add: the recorded safety briefings were in Finnish and English only, even though this was a flight from UK to France
well thats one language more than BA ever do theirs in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.