FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Silver but without the benefits.. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2078388-silver-but-without-benefits.html)

Thrifty Scotsman May 6, 2022 8:11 am

Silver but without the benefits..

Sorry to harp on about this, but, having mde the effort to get to Silver, It's so frustrating to be Silver on paper, but still only getting Bronze benefits.

I can't make any seat selections without charge, I spoke to BA on Monday, I was told it would be rectified within 48/72 hours, It wasn't

I spoke to online chat on Wednesday re a cancelled boking - when I mentioned this issue, I was advised the agent had removed & re added my exec club number & that was it sorted, it wasn't

Another 57 mins on the phone today, only to be told there seems to be some error, they'll have to get someone else to look into it.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can try & get a resolution to this? We have several flights coming up & I wan't to try & make use of this benefit.

I know it seems trivial, but it's incredibly frustrating.

As always, thanks in advance.

abraxias May 6, 2022 8:15 am

I can completely sympathise, because the bronze to silver jump is pretty significant in terms of benefits especially when you fly in Y or W a lot.

Have you tried reaching out to BAMissingAvios on here? Not quite the particular issue that you’re facing but it may help?

Thrifty Scotsman May 6, 2022 8:20 am

Originally Posted by abraxias (Post 34226334)
I can completely sympathise, because the bronze to silver jump is pretty significant in terms of benefits especially when you fly in Y or W a lot.

Have you tried reaching out to BAMissingAvios on here? Not quite the particular issue that you’re facing but it may help?

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

Online & on the app, I show as Silver, but when I try any seat reservation, I have to pay to select, but can select for free 7 days from departure (ie Bronze benefit)

abraxias May 6, 2022 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman (Post 34226352)
Sorry, I should have been clearer.

Online & on the app, I show as Silver, but when I try any seat reservation, I have to pay to select, but can select for free 7 days from departure (ie Bronze benefit)

Hiya, yes I was suggesting that you might be able to get this sorted by contacting the account mentioned? Maybe not, it’s just an idea?

At worst, if you need to book seats and you’re being told to pay then pay and claim it back?

Thrifty Scotsman May 6, 2022 8:36 am

Originally Posted by abraxias (Post 34226398)
Hiya, yes I was suggesting that you might be able to get this sorted by contacting the account mentioned? Maybe not, it’s just an idea?

At worst, if you need to book seats and you’re being told to pay then pay and claim it back?

I'll reach out & see if they can offer any help..

I would have no confidence in getting my money back, if I paid for them, my confidence in BA is fading daily.

SonicStar817 May 6, 2022 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman (Post 34226352)

Out of curiosity, does the same occur when you try to make a new booking?

corporate-wage-slave May 6, 2022 9:09 am

And that can be a dummy booking, you don't need to pay any cash to find out!

Thrifty Scotsman May 6, 2022 9:10 am

Originally Posted by SonicStar817 (Post 34226507)
Out of curiosity, does the same occur when you try to make a new booking?

Yes, It hapened to my wife yesterday (She has the exact same issue, we both triggered Silver at the same time), she booked a couple of domestic flights yesterday (Her account shows her as Silver), but seat selection still incurs a fee, or free from 7 days out.

corporate-wage-slave May 6, 2022 9:15 am

This is a different scenario but there seems some overlap here.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...er-2021-a.html

Thrifty Scotsman May 6, 2022 9:18 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 34226540)
This is a different scenario but there seems some overlap here.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...er-2021-a.html

Yes, it's a similar scenario, I flew LHR-GLA on Monday, Boarding pass showed as Bronze.

It's getting to someone who can resolve the issue is the problem

corporate-wage-slave May 6, 2022 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman (Post 34226552)
Yes, it's a similar scenario, I flew LHR-GLA on Monday, Boarding pass showed as Bronze.

It's getting to someone who can resolve the issue is the problem

You could try emailing this address. You would need to email your membership number, date of birth, email address and postcode to [email protected]

Thrifty Scotsman May 6, 2022 9:22 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 34226563)
You could try emailing this address. You would need to email your membership number, date of birth, email address and postcode to [email protected]

I've done so a couple of days ago, with no respose so far.

SonicStar817 May 6, 2022 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman (Post 34226526)
Yes, It hapened to my wife yesterday (She has the exact same issue, we both triggered Silver at the same time), she booked a couple of domestic flights yesterday (Her account shows her as Silver), but seat selection still incurs a fee, or free from 7 days out.

Hmm. I guess this is the similar issue in the link CWS has posted above. I guess you just have to keep trying to get the right person to solve it. I can imagine its quite frustrating and I'm sorry you have to waste time with something that should be done automatically.

Thrifty Scotsman May 6, 2022 9:26 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 34226521)
And that can be a dummy booking, you don't need to pay any cash to find out!

Update...

I've just tred a dummy booking, and it offering free seat selection for me

I'm beyond confused :-(

polemi May 6, 2022 9:29 am

I've tried emailing [email protected] about missing double tier points (3 times over the last 3 weeks) and had no reply either.