Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge recommendation for Dubai?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
That's bizarre, given that it wasn't built as a First lounge, and Club/Sapphire had access prior to Covid.
Yeh, I am sure the OWS sign is on the wall next to the door too. I am there on Thursday, so will ask at the desk and report back.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Flew DXB-LHR just over a week ago - in WTP but BA Silver at the time. We were allowed to use the BA Lounge, as were my parents who were in Club but no status. This was on the 777 however, not the A380, so that might make a difference.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by stuarto
Can anyone advise if there is showers available in lounge area ?
Anyone know if it has showers ?
Old Oct 5, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
I flew on Monday. Was advised at check in to go to the Marhaba lounge. I asked the check in agent if I could not use the BA lounge and they said it's only for those in F or Gold members.

But regardless, I went to the BA lounge anyway and was granted access without any questions asked.

I got there early and managed to find seating but it did get busy quickly.

This is the first time I used this lounge at T1. I had otherwise used the old lounge at the previous terminal which was used a few years ago. For some reason this new lounge appears a lot smaller than the old lounge.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 5:42 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Not sure if it's the same in T1, but the Marhaba lounges tend to have much better food choices than the BA lounge. I used to always skip the BA lounge and go to Marhaba or the other 3rd Party lounges when BA were in the old terminal / concourse.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
How weird. I haven't used the BA lounge at DXB but is it particularly small? Wasn't it redone a few years ago when the Concorde Bar was added? Seems very odd to provide a BA lounge for Emeralds but not those flying CW.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 6:13 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stuarto
Anyone know if it has showers ?
No showers in the lounge. You can check lounge facilities on the Oneworld lounge database

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.