Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking inbound late flight

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver
Tracking inbound late flight

I am on the 209 to Mia tomorrow which is already showing as 90 mins late. Is there a way of identifying the inbound aircraft as wondering if I might delay my arrival into Heathrow as whilst the lounge is nice if I can stay at home a little longer then all the better.
Thank you
Old May 5, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by low1968
I am on the 209 to Mia tomorrow which is already showing as 90 mins late. Is there a way of identifying the inbound aircraft as wondering if I might delay my arrival into Heathrow as whilst the lounge is nice if I can stay at home a little longer then all the better.
Thank you
flightradar24 suggests it is XLEE that is currently assigned

low1968 likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 9:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
At the moment it's showing a G-XLEE, which is already is doing the MIA run today as well as tomorrow, but that could change. And thanks to Conformance at T5, you probably don't have much choice but to be airside at least 35 minutes before the original departure time. The exception would be if BA sends out an email stating that it's ok to turn up later, but that rarely happens at LHR.
low1968, wrp96 and noFODplease like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Out of curiosity, can conformance be overridden? If you went to the desk and pointed out the aircraft had not yet even landed, for example..
Old May 5, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by noFODplease
Out of curiosity, can conformance be overridden?
yes, and often is at connections, less so at main departures

the "the aircraft isn;t on the ground yet" argument will probably not go down well with BA at T5 where aircraft can be switched out and in quite readily
The _Banking_Scot and wrp96 like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 9:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by noFODplease
Out of curiosity, can conformance be overridden? If you went to the desk and pointed out the aircraft had not yet even landed, for example..
On a specific flight basis it can be, but it involves a call to some operations office by the BA agent on the desk. Things that may possibly help you are delay to the flight, no checked bags, status, etc. but expect a no normally. Also being able to make the face may help

On days where there is a lot of disruption with lots of flights affected conformance is turned off completely as it can end up being more of a hinderance than a help.

Last edited by KARFA; May 5, 2022 at 10:20 am
Old May 5, 2022, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
.....Also being able to make the face may help
And this is precisly why I wish they used zoom when calling the person in ops!!!
KARFA and LCSinTexas like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by low1968

Thank you
Flighty app has this data as well as a wonderful interface for many other data sets about a particular flight. Subscription but a really nice app, in my opinion.

Old May 5, 2022, 12:05 pm
Company Representative, Flighty App

Programs: flighty.com
Yep. We automatically track your inbound and alert you if anything starts to go wrong! Or if they swap the plane.

You can refresh FA or FR24 every 5 minutes throughout the day. Or we can just alert you. And we'll beat you're manually checking then too anyway, and show you the new inbound route and new plane's live location.😜
catlike and xarantine like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by flightyryan
Yep. We automatically track your inbound and alert you if anything starts to go wrong! Or if they swap the plane.

You can refresh FA or FR24 every 5 minutes throughout the day. Or we can just alert you. And we'll beat you're manually checking then too anyway, and show you the new inbound route and new plane's live location.😜
Looks like only available on Apple devices
Old May 7, 2022, 9:06 pm
Company Representative, Flighty App

Programs: flighty.com
That’s correct. iPhone, iPad, and Mac.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.