Avios booking change - is it reticketted?

Old May 5, 22, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL
Avios booking change - is it reticketted?

My daughter is in South America on midway through an Avios booking that I booked for her. She rang BA to change the return, and (she believes) succeeded. The new return is showing on MMB. However, neither of us has received the notification of the booking change by email. For new bookings, and (I think?) for changes, this is sometimes an indication that the flight has not been (re-)ticketed. What is the canonical way of determining whether the flight has been re-ticketed after a booking change? She is understandably reluctant to spend a long time on hold to BA with no roaming and either no or dodgy WiFi.
Old May 5, 22, 12:40 am

Revalidation

Since a redemption booking will always be booked in X, T, U or Z class (depending on your cabin) if itís just a date change the ticket can just be revalidated (the ticket number remains the same) and doesnít need to be reissued.

But if you havenít received a confirmation e-mail something doesnít sound right.
Old May 5, 22, 12:44 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Does she have a ticket number in MMB on the app?
AJA_ and corporate-wage-slave like this.
Old May 5, 22, 1:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JustMeSimplyMe View Post
Since a redemption booking will always be booked in X, T, U or Z class (depending on your cabin) if itís just a date change the ticket can just be revalidated (the ticket number remains the same) and doesnít need to be reissued.

But if you havenít received a confirmation e-mail something doesnít sound right.
Welcome to Flyertalk JustMeSimplyMe, and I hope we will see more of you. And I agree it's just a revalidation, but it should trigger an email. That said BA's emailer sends out tens of thousands of emails every hour and I know they have to brake the output when there are mass changes, so it may just be slow to go.
Old May 5, 22, 1:36 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Iíve done this recently, was warned that it would show online after about 10 minutes but would look strange - no luggage allowance etc. but I would get an email in about 3 days that would show the correct details.
Email has arrived after a few days as promised and ticket number now showing in manage my booking.
Old May 5, 22, 1:42 am

We had a cancellation and had to agree to an earlier flight (reward booking), the app shows a seat allocated but we have never had a confirmation email - there is a 125 ticket number showing. Do I need to waste another day of my life trying to speak to them or as it is the return can I just ask the desk to check it when we get to the airport (LHR) for the outbound?
Old May 5, 22, 1:57 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Soupey202 View Post
We had a cancellation and had to agree to an earlier flight (reward booking), the app shows a seat allocated but we have never had a confirmation email - there is a 125 ticket number showing. Do I need to waste another day of my life trying to speak to them or as it is the return can I just ask the desk to check it when we get to the airport (LHR) for the outbound?
Check the ticket No. If new/updated ticket No you are good to go. Otherwise, ask at the airport.
Old May 5, 22, 2:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Soupey202 View Post
The 125 number in the App is all you need, you could also try the email e-ticket option within Finnair, and see if that has 125 numbers in it. It's the blank line that is worrisome. The only minor caveat is that Apps cometimes cache data locally over short periods of time, but if you refreshed the app by pulling down then that deals with the issue.
Old May 5, 22, 3:27 am

Thank you both, I logged out and back in again and then refreshed the page and it still shows a ticket number so I guess we are good to go. After multiple cancelled journeys I will be so happy if our first trip in three years actually goes ahead!
corporate-wage-slave and AJA_ like this.
Old May 5, 22, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JustMeSimplyMe View Post
Since a redemption booking will always be booked in X, T, U or Z class (depending on your cabin) if it’s just a date change the ticket can just be revalidated (the ticket number remains the same) and doesn’t need to be reissued.

But if you haven’t received a confirmation e-mail something doesn’t sound right.
I think it was a date change *and* an airport change. I didn't realise the App showed the ticket number. I will ask her.

As a complication I think the return is AA/IB metal (booked via BA) via MAD.

And and 4 or 5 days has passed since she changed the booking.
Old May 5, 22, 11:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Carlson Gold Elite, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond.
I changed an Avios booking on Tuesday for today, it was just a date change. It still wasn’t ticketed as of yesterday evening. I called the GGL to point this out and was told it’ll be “sent down” again and should happen within 5 hours. Over 12 hours later still nothing! A comment above got me thinking about wasn’t this just a reissue? Makes me wonder if there’s some new CS support who aren’t pressing the right buttons, but I could be wrong….. Perhaps I’ll get someone different when I chase it up again at 8am. I think making 3 calls to get these bread and butter things done correctly doesn’t help pressure on the call centres.

Out of interest are they still operating a no Ticketing staff policy at Heathrow? This was in operation for much of the pandemic, and just meant checkin staff also had to sit in the queue for ticketing, which is why it’s always best to get this issue sorted in advance if possible.
Old May 6, 22, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abligh View Post
I think it was a date change *and* an airport change. I didn't realise the App showed the ticket number. I will ask her.

As a complication I think the return is AA/IB metal (booked via BA) via MAD.

And and 4 or 5 days has passed since she changed the booking.
It's an AA segment so the BA app takes her to the AA web site apparently (there's nowhere to even show a ticket number she says in the App). The AA web site says "ticketed" but does not show the ticket number. But it will let her select seats. So we're going to conclude it's ticketed despite the lack of an email.
Old May 6, 22, 12:53 am
Company Representative, BA Refunds

Programs: BA Executive Club
If you drop me a note of the PNR i will check all is ok for you/her.
Old May 6, 22, 12:58 am

Programs: Lowly blue, sometimes Bronze
I changed class and date on a flight to Barbados on avios.

the ticket number cleared and then came back a few days later when I got the email. I have no idea if it was the same number but it was manually calculated and then sent to ticketing according to the lady on the phone.
Old May 6, 22, 1:05 am

Programs: TK Elite
You will be able to see the original ticket No. in the email/e-ticket receipt you received when the reservation was made.

Search this Thread