Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2022 Flight Cancellations And Operational Changes.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2022 Flight Cancellations And Operational Changes.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Le Club Accor (Platinum)
Originally Posted by chris87
I am in the same boat (including as to route and the fact that it’s an Avios booking). The inability to select new flights online (as I have always been able to do before) is very annoying indeed.

Any bright ideas would be much appreciated!
As an update, I just bit the bullet and phoned. I was expecting a long wait, but got through on the Gold line within 3 minutes and it was all sorted within another 3 minutes. The remaining flights seem to be filling up very quickly - there was only one remaining flight to LHR with any seats available in Club.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chris87
As an update, I just bit the bullet and phoned. I was expecting a long wait, but got through on the Gold line within 3 minutes and it was all sorted within another 3 minutes. The remaining flights seem to be filling up very quickly - there was only one remaining flight to LHR with any seats available in Club.
Well done. I called what I think is the silver line, and whichever choice I make, end up being cut off.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
My CAG-LGW flight on Aug 18th was just cancelled. Options on Ba.com don't work for me, and I can't get through on the phone. Top class service as ever.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Never Stansted
My CAG-LGW flight on Aug 18th was just cancelled. Options on Ba.com don't work for me, and I can't get through on the phone. Top class service as ever.
As you say you will need to phone but on most days, the best options seem to be ITA onto BA in mainland Italy. Or you could switch to the OLB service of it works around other things.

Edit: I had forgotton the ITA policy is only until 31/07/22. Hopefully it gets extended. These policies all really need extending until at least October now.
Never Stansted likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:48 pm

Need some guidance from those who are hopefully more wise than me on this.

So my wife, 2 children and mother in law were booked CE rtn to Nice in August (13th - 23rd), paid for by avios. Me and father in law are driving. Got the email from BA saying both legs cancelled and contact them. No rerouting option offered only cancellation. My wife rung up and got through in about 15mins only to be told there’s an IT issue and there’s nothing they can do at the minute…. What a surprise. Has been promised a call back… nothing yet (circa 6hrs on).

Flight prices are now through the roof and very limited in their options. As a backstop until figured out options have quickly found and booked them return CE flights from Marseille but getting there is proving more challenging.

What I’m trying to understand is what options do you have if cancelled over 14 days. Clearly a refund (expect all taxes back plus avios) but should they offer a reroute option also? This is not 100% clear. Ideally don’t want to Chuck a 5yr old and 1yr old in the car down there but at this rate could be the only option
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Yes you are entitled to rebooking for free, or refund. If avios seats aren’t available, BA will rebook you in revenue seats.
You are also entitled to request a gateway change, within 300 miles, for any cancelled sector.
tombole88 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lcylocal
As you say you will need to phone but on most days, the best options seem to be ITA onto BA in mainland Italy. Or you could switch to the OLB service of it works around other things.

Edit: I had forgotton the ITA policy is only until 31/07/22. Hopefully it gets extended. These policies all really need extending until at least October now.
There’s actually another BA flight that works for me as I can stay in CAG for an extra day, but because it involves an overnight connection at LGW I can’t rebook online. I’ve tried to call eight times today, mixture of UK and US numbers. Got through the first time and reached a panicked agent who said that ‘all systems are down’ and to call back in two hours. Tried seven more times and got the message saying they couldn’t take the call.
lcylocal likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tombole88
What I’m trying to understand is what options do you have if cancelled over 14 days. Clearly a refund (expect all taxes back plus avios) but should they offer a reroute option also? This is not 100% clear. Ideally don’t want to Chuck a 5yr old and 1yr old in the car down there but at this rate could be the only option
Yes, EC261 provides the protection here, and the details are to be found in the main EC261 thread, which in turn can be found via the BA Forum Dashboard. In summary BA have to offer you a rebooking option or a refund, and the critical points are it's your choice, not BA's, it applies to redemptions, and the CAA guideline is that at least one same day rebook should be offered. Check out LCY and LGW, since NCE is served by more than LHR. If you can't make a BA option work, then BA can reroute on other airlines, and can offer a change of gateway, including to MRS. These options won't normally appear in your Disruption screen. So Iberia, Aer Lingus, Lufthansa Group of airlines, ITA are all possible rebook airlines. I would consider cancelling the MRS service for a full refund which should be possible within 24 hours - BA should be able to offer than under the changed gateway offer.
gcuk, tombole88 and GLAtrans like this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Shorthaul leg cancelled on CDG-LHR-JFK and rebooked on CDG-JFK (AA). App errored out but I just left it and this evening the new flight is there and I can book a seat. I wish the app didn’t error but overall not bad
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: QR Silver
Can anyone see if these two flights have been canned yet? MMB
Date of travel 21 Aug
BA1383 MAN-LHR
BA0566 LHR-MXP
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by alc16
Can anyone see if these two flights have been canned yet? MMB
Date of travel 21 Aug
BA1383 MAN-LHR
BA0566 LHR-MXP
Using the public BA timetable search at https://www.britishairways.com/trave...s/public/en_gb both seem to still be running. (My LHR-MUC flight was recently cancelled and has been removed from the timetable there.)
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:10 am

Programs: QR Silver
Originally Posted by GLAtrans
Using the public BA timetable search at https://www.britishairways.com/trave...s/public/en_gb both seem to still be running. (My LHR-MUC flight was recently cancelled and has been removed from the timetable there.)
Ah ok thanks for this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:37 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I have an un-cancellation. We were booked SOF-LHR on a Monday in September. It was cancelled and I got BA to rebook us via FRA with LH. The original direct flight has been reinstated. Can I ask them to change us back?

I did ask this question previously but didn’t get any opinion, so I’m repeating it as I don’t want to sit interminably on the phone if there’s no point. I can’t see why they’d refuse as it’s more money for them.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I have an un-cancellation. We were booked SOF-LHR on a Monday in September. It was cancelled and I got BA to rebook us via FRA with LH. The original direct flight has been reinstated. Can I ask them to change us back?
Yes you can.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by gcuk
Yes you are entitled to rebooking for free, or refund. If avios seats aren’t available, BA will rebook you in revenue seats.
You are also entitled to request a gateway change, within 300 miles, for any cancelled sector.
Super many thanks thought this was the case. Just trying to navigate the not so helpful BA IT and customer service team.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, EC261 provides the protection here, and the details are to be found in the main EC261 thread, which in turn can be found via the BA Forum Dashboard. In summary BA have to offer you a rebooking option or a refund, and the critical points are it's your choice, not BA's, it applies to redemptions, and the CAA guideline is that at least one same day rebook should be offered. Check out LCY and LGW, since NCE is served by more than LHR. If you can't make a BA option work, then BA can reroute on other airlines, and can offer a change of gateway, including to MRS. These options won't normally appear in your Disruption screen. So Iberia, Aer Lingus, Lufthansa Group of airlines, ITA are all possible rebook airlines. I would consider cancelling the MRS service for a full refund which should be possible within 24 hours - BA should be able to offer than under the changed gateway offer.
Amazing, this is great advice thank you. Being Bristol based LCY and LGW aren’t ideal but for me are surely better than the alternative of the car. So far BA just seen keen to offer a refund but will look to get resolved asap this Mel it and cancel the MRS rtn leg within the 24hrs
gcuk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.