Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2022 Flight Cancellations And Operational Changes.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2022 Flight Cancellations And Operational Changes.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Assuming everyone will get at least 14 days notice people with flights booked early August should start getting cancellations at the end of next week.
thanks. Is that just the minimum to avoid compensation or the actual timescale that can be expected? I would assume even BA would strive to give passengers as much notice as possible, and presumably most of the flights to be cancelled have already been identified by BA planners…..
Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I imagine they will come soon, so within the next few days.
HFHFFlyer and Fatdickie like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:28 am

Mom's BA67 LHR to PHL on Aug 2 unaffected (as of now).
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Any idea when the next slug of cancellations for August will start to be implemented?
Today the GGL agent on the phone mentioned its already started, some already cancelled however she is expecting more to come through over today and near future. She didn't have a list as such. So keep an eye on the MMB page of your flight as emails and texts not always coming through.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
To try to protect the Contact Centres, I suspect it won't be one mega haircut, but perhaps several weeks of trimming.
IMH and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I’ve now had a third of my 12 short haul flights for August cancelled, so the execution is definitely well under way.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
I’ve now had a third of my 12 short haul flights for August cancelled, so the execution is definitely well under way.
My late Sept cancellations came through this afternoon, so they're working through Sept also.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Blue
Seems loads of flights got re-instated in the last 2-3d only to get cancelled again. Prime example SOF, which went from "missing a few Mondays" last week, to "daily" yesterday and now is missing 9 days in August.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Its times like this Im glad I have a expertflyer sub, trying to keep eye on multiple bookings not just mine but other family members.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by rolandrat
Its times like this Im glad I have a expertflyer sub, trying to keep eye on multiple bookings not just mine but other family members.
I agree - but I don't know of an EF alert which tells me when my flight is cancelled? Is there one?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:28 pm

BA952 LHR-MUC cancelled 23/08. I had no idea of it until I noticed that choosing a seat had no price attached! No email from BA!

Rebooking options are very poor, too - either arriving MUC at 2330 that night or 0950 the next morning (with overnight at LHR). Is there any way to get compensation or such, even a hotel for the night at LHR would be appreciated.

What would be even more appreciated is booking us on one of the 5(!) LH flights LHR-MUC that night...
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I agree - but I don't know of an EF alert which tells me when my flight is cancelled? Is there one?
I wondered that too. I’ve set some alerts for “fewer than 1 seat” in a specific class (f/j/w/y) and hope they probably work. Can someone confirm this works?
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by salut0
I wondered that too. I’ve set some alerts for “fewer than 1 seat” in a specific class (f/j/w/y) and hope they probably work. Can someone confirm this works?
There's a Flight Schedule Alert function, though perhaps you need a Premium subscription for that?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by deeruck
There's a Flight Schedule Alert function, though perhaps you need a Premium subscription for that?
Looks like that’s just for time changes. No option to choose for cancellations
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:53 pm

Just got the dreaded e-mail, they cancelled BA803 GOT-LHR on august 4th, we're going to LAX. From what I can se on the timetable they have cut all morningflights from GOT (Gothenburg) to LHR.
Fortunately we got through to customerservice almost immediately and could change our booking to later flights the same day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.