Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2022 Flight Cancellations And Operational Changes.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2022 Flight Cancellations And Operational Changes.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Return segment was cancelled and the only other option on BA would require an overnight in LHR to get to my original destination. Can I ask them to put me on a AA flight instead being it is a codeshare?
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
what routes are we talking about?

usually UK-US moving to an AA flight should be fine.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
what routes are we talking about?

usually UK-US moving to an AA flight should be fine.
TLV-LHR-ORD, to TLV-JFK-ORD.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by safari ari
TLV-LHR-ORD, to TLV-JFK-ORD.
looking at your other posts, am i right in saying it is only the TLV-LHR flight which has been cancelled?
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You can be rebooked on to El Al if this avoids an overnight stay. If you end up staying overnight then BA will foot the hotel and incidentals costs. I don't think you can rebook to AA since it's not a Joint Business route. The exception would be if the cancellation is in the next 24 hours.
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
looking at your other posts, am i right in saying it is only the TLV-LHR flight which has been cancelled?
Correct, the morning TLV-JFK flight has been removed, with only the afternoon one flying, which would put me in LHR at night, missing all USA connections.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You can be rebooked on to El Al if this avoids an overnight stay. If you end up staying overnight then BA will foot the hotel and incidentals costs. I don't think you can rebook to AA since it's not a Joint Business route. The exception would be if the cancellation is in the next 24 hours.
Ideally, would like to avoid LY if possible, also realizing my return is on Shabbat, which wouldn't be feasible... Last time this happened, I believe BA have a 300 mile rule of some sort to move destination? Not that this would help me, only other option I see in the morning is on IB, but again, TLV-MAD is not a codeshare with BA, which if by your statement is the problem, I'm SOL.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 11:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by safari ari
Ideally, would like to avoid LY if possible, also realizing my return is on Shabbat, which wouldn't be feasible... Last time this happened, I believe BA have a 300 mile rule of some sort to move destination? Not that this would help me, only other option I see in the morning is on IB, but again, TLV-MAD is not a codeshare with BA, which if by your statement is the problem, I'm SOL.
No, IB would be OK, though it's a mixed bag of aircraft on that route, with Level's aircraft on it (so longhaul economy and long haul premium economy seating). I can't see anyone preferring that to El Al. BA can rebook to Virgin on the day too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.