Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

August 2022 Flight Cancellations And Operational Changes.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

August 2022 Flight Cancellations And Operational Changes.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by salut0
Does availability going down to zero on expert flyer portend a flight cancellation for our 0955am LHR-CPH on august 15th? The 0710 earlier and 2010 later flights show Y9 etc
I'm saying no. I'm booked on a BA CPH flight on Aug 3rd connecting (the next day) to a TG fight to Bangkok (all booked before this silliness kicked off). So I've been keeping a careful eye on CPH flights. Today all flights on the CPH route have been zeroed out until 14 August.

However - all flights are open for sale on the CPH-LHR reverse flights on these days. So I'm thinking this has been done purely to cap Heathrow departure numbers.

I better quickly renew my travel insurance though just in case it gets messy. I was helping a friend who's 14 year was stranded at Luton yesterday when his Wizz Air flight to Poland was cancelled. Not a single seat on any LON-Poland route available until Tuesday on any airline. Crazy times.
salut0 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: Yes
All flights to Barcelona also have been zeroed out until August 13th inclusive, and there are still quite a few running daily. In fact, it looks like ALL short haul flights have been zeroed out until then, or can anyone still book anything short-haul before then?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:27 am

I've got a flight to Barcelona from LHR at 13.00 on 26th Aug cancelled. In terms of rebooking, the website is offering me the next flight from there at 15.45, which is surprisingly now the earliest that day. There is, however, a flight from LCY at 13.25, which would be great to get on, but there is now only one seat left in economy, the others are all in business. We need two seats. Is there any way that I can get on this LCY flight? I did use the online chat but the person said no. Just wondered if it's worth phoning up and pushing for it. Advice appreciated!
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC
It seems the flights that were zeroed out are now back on sale…
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
It seems the flights that were zeroed out are now back on sale…
not the ones i'm looking at!
salut0 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RichieMc
Yeah. So you arrive at T5. You won’t be able to get into T5 departures with a T2 Aer Lingus boarding pass for DUB. BA on the other hand leaves from T5. So if you have a choice and you want CCR, you’d need to get in a Ba flight to DUB.
Ugh. Yes, you're right. These are BA codeshares on EI and leaving from T2. Thanks for setting me straight before I made a regrettable choice.
RichieMc likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:08 pm

So I have a reward booking EU-LHR-MAN In August and the second sector has been cancelled, no flights for the route being available online until 6 days later. Currently holding to speak to BA, will they rebook me on Lufthansa ? If not, can I claim a new ticket with LH back or the train fare London -Manchester after travel completed? The first sector still shows as operating for now ?
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Difficult to be sure without knowing the route, date and other details. But if a near useless reply is ok, yes in some circumstances BA can rebook on the Lufthansa Group of airlines. In other cases not.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Difficult to be sure without knowing the route, date and other details. But if a near useless reply is ok, yes in some circumstances BA can rebook on the Lufthansa Group of airlines. In other cases not.

Sorry c-w-s it’s BER-LHR-MAN currently on hold to BA to see what can be done as BA.com gives me now the earliest rebooking 5 days later which is an improvement from 6 days earlier on

ETA BA only offer really late connections in the day on Lufthansa with a bare MCT in FRA of 1hr which I am not willing to risk for obvious reasons and that would be the late flight into MAN arriving at 2255 rather than 17 something which I was originally planned on , so If that goes wrong I won’t get home that day either.
That seems a bit odd as LH/LX sell a lot more flights BA can’t see or don’t want to see.
Will have to keep trying and if worse comes to worst just have to claim the train fare from London minus the refund of the LHR-MAN portion of £0.50 each

Last edited by Flier74; Jul 24, 2022 at 1:06 pm Reason: More info
Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Flier74
Sorry c-w-s it’s BER-LHR-MAN currently on hold to BA to see what can be done as BA.com gives me now the earliest rebooking 5 days later which is an improvement from 6 days earlier on
So indeed BER is problematic for Lufthansa for reasons that stretch back 75 years, so this is an example where the details matter. But your better bet is to go via ZRH. You need to spoodfeed the actual flight numbers to the contact centre agents because if they type BER-MAN via LH it's not going to show up for all sorts of reasons. So on one random day I tried I could see a 14:55 from BER getting to MAN at 18:05 with a do-able 50 minute connection at ZRH. Now ZRH-MAN is operated by 2L (Helvetic) so that may be problematic but it is bookable at LX, indeed it can't be booked under a 2L code, LX represents Prime here. But London would be OK. Other days there are other options and with other airlines too.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:00 am

So indeed BER is problematic for Lufthansa for reasons that stretch back 75 years, so this is an example where the details matter. But your better bet is to go via ZRH. You need to spoodfeed the actual flight numbers to the contact centre agents because if they type BER-MAN via LH it's not going to show up for all sorts of reasons. So on one random day I tried I could see a 14:55 from BER getting to MAN at 18:05 with a do-able 50 minute connection at ZRH. Now ZRH-MAN is operated by 2L (Helvetic) so that may be problematic but it is bookable at LX, indeed it can't be booked under a 2L code, LX represents Prime here. But London would be OK. Other days there are other options and with other airlines too.

thanks as always c-w-s. I tried the LX route but she wasn’t having any of it. Also tried to switch to HAM or FRA bit that was a no no again, so I try and call later again and see what next agent comes up with
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:15 pm

So by means of an update : called again and the agent was far more accomodating than the one yesterday, indeed offered a LH connection at lunchtime with a suitable 1:30 connection at MUC, actually my first choice, without having to be prompted. E Mail confirmation came through already, only downside is that LH wants money for seats, so I give it a miss and can live without it until check in no problem. Full baggage allowance has been transferred over as well.

So a happy outcome, HUACA proves right once again and a BA.com/thankyou on the way
Old Aug 14, 2022, 11:23 am

My flight from LHR to DUB on 27 August was cancelled this weekend, right at the 14 day mark.
I'm arriving from IAD at (perhaps) 10:55 AM and BA rebooked me on an 8:30 AM flight. That's not going to happen unless I discover a time machine.

There's an available flight at 21:05 which I'm about to switch to. This flight was booked May 14th, so I think BWC applies, but I really don't want to cancel this as rebooking at current fares would be horrible.
What's the risk if I switch to the later flight, given that it's available for sale? BA 0836, 27 August is the cancelled flight. BA 0836 is my potential replacement.
I'm looking for advice as to whether or not changing this means that if BA decides to cancel that too that I have no recourse. (There are EI flights available.)

Last edited by gormless; Aug 14, 2022 at 12:45 pm Reason: Clarifying flights
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by gormless
<br />I'm looking for advice as to whether or not changing this means that if BA decides to cancel that too that I have no recourse. (There are EI flights available.)
<br />I would normally suggest holding on so that you maximise your flexibility. But that sector may well sell out in about a week. Insofar as I understand the question, BA always have a responsibility to rebook after a cancellation. So if you rebook to a new service and that too gets cancellled then BA has to provide an alternative, ideally the same day.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:45 pm

I would normally suggest holding on so that you maximise your flexibility. But that sector may well sell out in about a week. Insofaras I understand the question, BA always have a responsibility to rebook after a cancellation. So if you rebook to a new service and that too gets cancellled then BA has to provide an alternative, ideally the same day.
Thanks, CWS. I'm pretty much thinking the same way. I'll see if I can get this rebooked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.