Wiki Posts
Search

Check in time question (LHR T5)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Delta, Korean
Check in time question (LHR T5)

I'm flying BA293 LHR-IAD next month. I've booked my LAMP test with Halo the morning of. Test is at 11:00, results are supposed to be in 90mins. Flight departure is 17:10, so assuming check-in around 14:10.

This will be my first flight since 2019, so I'm feeling a bit of practice with all the timing. Just so I stop double guessing myself, does this look reasonable to you all? (I do like to check in early and mooch around the terminal shops/lounge).

Thanks!
Old May 2, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (OneWorld Emerald) & Hilton Honors Diamond
I think it's a silly move to pay for a lamp test at the airport if I'm being totally honest. Why didn't you just book a Qured test supervised by video link, simple rapid antigen, with a certificate emailed to you. you can do the test 1 day before flying to the USA.

However your expensive option should be ok, just more stress and more expense. Good luck
bd2514 and henrus like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi
you can check in anytime from 0500 on the days.

Regards
tbs
bd2514 likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (OneWorld Emerald) & Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi
you can check in anytime from 0500 on the days.

Regards
tbs
I think the challenge is because the PAX has chosen to book an expensive at airport LAMP test they can't check in until that is complete. I always test at 09:40 the day before so all my certs are sorted out in advance.

So many people I speak to get overly worried about at home video testing, but hey it's up to them if they want to waste their money, and complicate their check in. What pisses me off is the people who take ages at the check in counter by no being prepared.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Delta, Korean
Originally Posted by MileHighFizz
I think it's a silly move to pay for a lamp test at the airport if I'm being totally honest. Why didn't you just book a Qured test supervised by video link, simple rapid antigen, with a certificate emailed to you. you can do the test 1 day before flying to the USA.

However your expensive option should be ok, just more stress and more expense. Good luck
Thanks for the tip - I won't make the same mistake twice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.