FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   It's no wonder there are customer service queues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2077838-its-no-wonder-there-customer-service-queues.html)

bernardh May 2, 2022 5:02 am

It's no wonder there are customer service queues

As a BAEC Silver, I tried to assign seats for a CE redemption booking (2 passengers on 2 flights) for later this year - but was only given the paid option on BA.com.

I waited for about 20 minutes on chat as it counted down from 42 to my turn. Once I was through to an agent, I had to leave after 40 minutes with the agent still completing the task. He did as promised, which is good, but how on earth can something so simple take so long?

ajeleonard May 2, 2022 5:04 am

The consequences of underinvesting in IT for years

Thrifty Scotsman May 2, 2022 5:18 am

Originally Posted by bernardh (Post 34213493)
As a BAEC Silver, I tried to assign seats for a CE redemption booking (2 passengers on 2 flights) for later this year - but was only given the paid option on BA.com.

I waited for about 20 minutes on chat as it counted down from 42 to my turn. Once I was through to an agent, I had to leave after 40 minutes with the agent still completing the task. He did as promised, which is good, but how on earth can something so simple take so long?

I'm having the same issue, I got through on the phone earlier this morning, the chap I spoke to couldn't answer it, said I should get it resovled within 28/72 hours... So 40 minutes isn't too bad! :D

Anonba May 2, 2022 5:21 am

Originally Posted by bernardh (Post 34213493)

I cant believe it took 40+ mins even with some problems 20 mins would be a long time really. Maybe new ish agent combined with problems possibly.

Anonba May 2, 2022 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman (Post 34213527)
I'm having the same issue, I got through on the phone earlier this morning, the chap I spoke to couldn't answer it, said I should get it resovled within 28/72 hours... So 40 minutes isn't too bad! :D

What was your query out of interest?

Thrifty Scotsman May 2, 2022 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Anonba (Post 34213537)
What was your query out of interest?

I'm a new Silver, but I can't select seats without paying for them.

bernardh May 2, 2022 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Anonba (Post 34213531)
I cant believe it took 40+ mins even with some problems 20 mins would be a long time really. Maybe new ish agent combined with problems possibly.

There were undoubtedly [system] problems as the agent told me everything was 'taking longer than usual'. When one considers the steps; a. key in record locator, b. verify the customer's ID, c. select seat on flights, d. save; I reckon that should take a couple of minutes.

I do feel for the agents when IT is working against them, but another 15-20 customers with similarly trivial issues could have been served on chat in the time my 'call' took. Even better, had I been able to select the seats myself an agent wouldn't have been involved at all.

Anonba May 2, 2022 7:23 am

Originally Posted by bernardh (Post 34213719)
There were undoubtedly [system] problems as the agent told me everything was 'taking longer than usual'. When one considers the steps; a. key in record locator, b. verify the customer's ID, c. select seat on flights, d. save; I reckon that should take a couple of minutes.

I do feel for the agents when IT is working against them, but another 15-20 customers with similarly trivial issues could have been served on chat in the time my 'call' took. Even better, had I been able to select the seats myself an agent wouldn't have been involved at all.

Ha yeah you dont need to tell me the process, im an agent so i know exactly how it works.

If your status shows correctly I think probably removing and re adding exec number would have done thr trick.

Thrifty Scotsman May 2, 2022 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Anonba (Post 34213751)
Ha yeah you dont need to tell me the process, im an agent so i know exactly how it works.

If your status shows correctly I think probably removing and re adding exec number would have done thr trick.

Can you advise how I can try this online? (I don't see the option?)

Thanks

IAMORGAN May 2, 2022 11:38 am

Originally Posted by bernardh (Post 34213719)

I’d be interested to know but I doubt a ‘rank & file’ agent can do this. I expect they got the same payment request you got. So then I don’t know if they can just override it (presumably having to give chapter & verse about the apparent reason for waiving a fee and a reason code - possibly needing authorisation)! Or maybe it’s a workflow request to the seating control team (who presumably have to explain themselves to the custodian of the spreadsheets).

Anonba May 2, 2022 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN (Post 34214495)
I’d be interested to know but I doubt a ‘rank & file’ agent can do this. I expect they got the same payment request you got. So then I don’t know if they can just override it (presumably having to give chapter & verse about the apparent reason for waiving a fee and a reason code - possibly needing authorisation)! Or maybe it’s a workflow request to the seating control team (who presumably have to explain themselves to the custodian of the spreadsheets).

There isnt a waiver code as such, if an Executive Club number with Silver or Gold status is added the seat plan should automatically change to reflect that seating is free.

However if an Executive Club number was already in the booking before the status changed it may still show old status. So the solution is usually for us to delete and re add the Executive club number.

If this doesnt work Managers are able to add seats manually within a few minutes. We would call them and ask them to add seats if the status shows correctly on the account.

Anonba May 2, 2022 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman (Post 34214301)
Can you advise how I can try this online? (I don't see the option?)

Thanks

Sorry I dont think its possible online i meant that can be tried if you called.

KARFA May 2, 2022 1:34 pm

For removing and re-entering your BAEC number you would have to resort to another airline's site as you can’t do it on BA.com. Previously you could do it on AY MMB, but that has stopped working recently. May be worth trying any of QF, MH, RJ, RAM MMBs.