Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tier point calculator error on ba.com for AA flights in certain classes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier point calculator error on ba.com for AA flights in certain classes

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Evening all

Just got back and find my final flight has also posted incorrectly - 0 TP for LHR-MAN in J. So I'll need to claim for that as well. I'm guessing for these as bought through AA with 001-xx ticket number that have to go throught the Partner Airline claim form, even though these are BA operated flights?

Also of note the incorrect LHR-BOS shows in my transactions as "Club Europe (D)" which is probably why those TP didn't work!

Cheers
TT
Old May 18, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
Update - BA have still not fixed this issue. Avios but no TPs have posted on my most recent trip (up to 16 May).

I have messaged BAMissingAvios who I hope can kindly assist
geo1005 and our_kid like this.
Old May 18, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I have an upcoming AA flight crediting to my BA account that will put me over from Silver to Gold. It was booked in J so I went to the AA site and looked at the "change flight" options and oddly was able to change my existing flight to the exact same flight in I class. I suppose technically that's a change from a refundable to a non-refundable fare but that's not a worry for me. YMMV, but I am glad to avoid any hassle claiming missing TPs after the fact.
Old May 18, 2022, 3:16 pm

Evening all

I've just tried submitting a claim and get an error

Please check the following:

Unable to process request please retry later.

BA IT at its best.
I've been able to claim for the second flight but the first steadfastly refuses!

Any other suggestions - it's the 140 TP I really want!!

edit - I've found another form to submit a claim from the FAQ links so used that instead.
also. Something really wrong with BA site - my my account transaction history it says I have no transactions to show!!

Cheers
TT

Last edited by travellingtechie; May 18, 2022 at 3:42 pm Reason: update post
Old May 18, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I have just got my missing AA TPs credited - I was calling BA about something else and mentioned the missing TPs and they dealt with it there and then - noting that the web-claim form wasn't working (well). Is it just 'J' class - my economy (S,V,K) were credited correctly.
Old May 19, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
It looks as if BA have fixed the issue with their TP calculator as it now shows the correct Tier Points for AA operated flights:

When I rang BA about this the claim still had to be "sent away" to be looked at. Unlike CKBA it wasn't possible to have it dealt with there and then.
Old May 19, 2022, 1:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes. it does appear fixed. If we compared post 14 in this thread - so BEFORE

Originally Posted by revorgap

And today's version - so AFTER:

Yesterday J and D were showing 0 TPs.

I'm trying to work out whether the P and W fare groups between LAS and ORD are hypothetically wrong or actually wrong.
ceej123 and AirbusA350 like this.
Old May 19, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I’ve just checked my future bookings.
The 2 itineraries were previously understating the total TP I expected to earn because of the 0 TPs showing for D and J class bookings.
Both bookings now show the correct TPs for the itinerary so it seems that the problem is indeed fixed and the correct TPs should post automatically.
Old May 19, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm trying to work out whether the P and W fare groups between LAS and ORD are hypothetically wrong or actually wrong.
The only reason they might exist would be if AA started to operate widebody aircraft on domestic routes and offered a true PE fare for seats in the PE cabin. DFW - HNL is the only domestic route this year (that I am aware of) that has this, whereas I am pretty certain last year it also included DFW / ORD to Anchorage. Other than that I can't think of any reason why they'd be listed. Widebody aircraft on domestic itineraries obviously have the PE cabin available as MCE but at normal coach pricing and TP earning.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:27 am

I am still waiting for the TP to post. My friend who travelled on the same booking got his within a couple of days. This is getting frustrating. I need these TP to get to gold. I can't find any way to contact BA to chase this other than hold on the phone! Do they have a presence on this forum where I could just PM the case number and ask for an update?

Cheers
TT
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:22 am

I still have the same problem and missing Tier Points from SFO-PHI-DCA travelling in AA business on the 1st May - 180 missing Tier Points.

Raised a complaint on the 27th June, and now still no response. Have tried chasing via the phone two weeks' ago - helpful agent said they'd raise it again and I should have it resolved in 7 days. Still nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.