Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tier point calculator error on ba.com for AA flights in certain classes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:16 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by tosaerba24
By this, do you mean that since 1/1/22 some fare buckets have earned less and others more Avios, but somehow the BA IT forgot to ensure that the same TPs would be maintained for all fare classes?
Yes, i found this out today as I wanted to check something on partner airline earnings and saw the change here.

Same TP but different avios for different sub-buckets within the same cabin.

Cheers!
Old Apr 30, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Tried to call but got the “too busy message”, so I have submitted a claim/complaint online.

I’ll report back if and when I get a response?

I also mentioned the TP calculator cock-up!
Old Apr 30, 2022, 4:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Alan T
Tried to call but got the “too busy message”, so I have submitted a claim/complaint online.

I’ll report back if and when I get a response?

I also mentioned the TP calculator cock-up!

this is another problem on the pile… ba doesn’t want us to call them. Yet there are so many problems that are impossible to resolve without calling…. With my to year resetting next Sunday and needing two as j class segments for qualification, I’m already prepared for multiple calls and problems.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus

Afternoon all

I have a question. Have booked a flight LHR>BOS in business through AA, but it is a BA flight (having an AA flight number). The flight was recently changed due to a cancellation and I see now the fare class is D. Not sure what it was origianlly as confirmation email never arrrived.

Looking at the Avios/Tier point calculator, D class on BA gets 140 TP but on AA does not.

So my question is for the purposes of earning, will the flight give the TP or not ?

Cheers
TT
Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by travellingtechie
Afternoon all

I have a question. Have booked a flight LHR>BOS in business through AA, but it is a BA flight (having an AA flight number). The flight was recently changed due to a cancellation and I see now the fare class is D. Not sure what it was origianlly as confirmation email never arrrived.

Looking at the Avios/Tier point calculator, D class on BA gets 140 TP but on AA does not.

So my question is for the purposes of earning, will the flight give the TP or not ?

Cheers
TT
hi

Yes it will.

The tier point display on ba com is wrong.

We have had a number of comments on here recently about this.

However if it posts incorrectly you may have to raise a complaint.

Regards

Tbs
Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Yes, i found this out today as I wanted to check something on partner airline earnings and saw the change here.

Same TP but different avios for different sub-buckets within the same cabin.

Cheers!
Classic BA IT!
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Exact same issue for me. LAS to ORD in F on Thursday with AA saw 5299 Avios post the following day but zero TPs.

I’ll submit a claim when I get home but it’s frustrating that basic stuff like this is messed up. It’s hardly any wonder that CR are so busy when they have to sort out claims like this where the automatic process is broken.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 4:55 pm

AA J/D biz fares now 0 tier points?

I just flew LHR-JFK-LAX-SYD, all AA marketed in D class. But got zero tier points for it?

Looking at the calculator on BA, all AA D and J fares now have zero TPs? Surely this must be an error, any idea how to get BA to solve this? If I call, the ops people will likely credit as per the calculator, instead of actually fixing the problem.

Thoughts? Or have I just missed out on several hundred TPs by booking a more expensive ticket when I was available?

Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes an error by BA (again) unfortunately. There is some discussion about it here already AA Flight crediting Avios but not Tier Points?

it really is beyond me how anyone could have entered that in and thought to themselves that it looked correct.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:18 pm

Ah! Thanks, I'd missed that other thread. I'll follow up there instead!
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Ha ha loving the F flexible ticket and zero Tier Points 🤭...everything about BA is getting worse...🤣
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by nivsy
Ha ha loving the F flexible ticket and zero Tier Points 🤭...everything about BA is getting worse...🤣
But only on the AA code - BA code is fine!
dougzz and Nephoi like this.
Old May 4, 2022, 4:20 am

Update, kind of!?

I got a reply to my complaint, a standard thing apologising and giving me 5000 Avios!? No discussion of the TPs (only I got them, not my wife) issue or indication if that is it, a fob-off, or they are working on it?

Tried to call, got through amazingly but cut off twice trying to reach the Accounts Team, who are too busy.

Much as £40 worth of Avios is appreciated, its not 140 TPs each and the Gold Benefits it will help attain!

So what now? Open to suggestions?

Last edited by Alan T; May 4, 2022 at 4:28 am
Old May 4, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Alan T
Update, kind of!?

I got a reply to my compliant, a standard thing apologising and giving me 5000 Avios!? No discussion of the TPs (only I got them, not my wife) issue or indication if that is it, a fob-off, or they are working on it?

Tried to call, got through amazingly but cut off twice trying to reach the Accounts Team, who are too busy.

Much as £40 worth of Avios is appreciated, its not 140 TPs each and the Gold Benefits it will help attain!

So what now? Open to suggestions?
PM to BAMissingAvios ?
Old May 4, 2022, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet

Cheers, yes, I think I’ll have to.

No doubt shortly followed by another, chasing up the DTP for another upcoming BAH!? 🙄

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.