Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA - why are you so hard to love?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JimEddie
The alternative take on this topic should be "BA - Why are you so hard to leave"
Oh, that's easy - It's probably easier to achieve worthwhile status in BAEC than in any other major loyalty programme, and the value of the benefits can easily outweigh the cost of getting them.
JimEddie and DelTroon like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
It would be nice, once in a while, to be able to say "I'm staying, they're doing their best and need our support" whereas it's very difficult to see them as doing anything to mitigate the present problems for their paying customers.
Of course if one doesn't like BA then the best thing would be to fly another airline but it's a sad thing when you see what was a great airline - and yes I really think it was - beset with so many problems, many of which are of their own making.
Ramos likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Misco60
Oh, that's easy - It's probably easier to achieve worthwhile status in BAEC than in any other major loyalty programme, and the value of the benefits can easily outweigh the cost of getting them.
status us not much use if the flights keep being cancelled so you cannot fly
Old Apr 29, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
This is not only a BA issue, many airlines (and airports) are having similar problems. easyJet in particular are having a tough time, they are also cancelling a similar number of flights each day.
I’ve recently flown LH and AF without any of the issues reported here.
dcmike likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

......why are you so hard to love?

The missus said the exact same to me yesterday!!
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ratechaser
Not if your work policy makes you fly BA... of course you could always change jobs but that might be a rather extreme reaction
If my employer dictates that I fly a specific airline and that airline is not able to consistently transport me, that is my employer’s issue. OTOH if I am given the freedom to use any airline and I continue to book flights on an airline that isn’t able to transport me, that is my problem.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC
If you were to chat with most people in service industries from the NHS, to pubs, to Costa coffee, there’s clear frustrations, strains, knock affects from the last 2 years of severe upheaval to all our lives. In the context of BA, they are not unusual, some are self fulfilling in the actions they have taken in the last 5 years, sadly but there is a balance between global issues and those decisions which are impacting many businesses.
Sealink, nancypants, TTmex and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
why are the first reactions to this post "fly something else then"? I don't get it.

there are many reasons to fly BA. the network, the flight times, maybe even a Brit wants to support British Companies.... I can imagine a bazillion reasons for someone to prefer BA.

Can't we just focus on the objections he made?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
This is not only a BA issue, many airlines (and airports) are having similar problems. easyJet in particular are having a tough time, they are also cancelling a similar number of flights each day.
Though I'd bet there are no issues with easyJet not serving breakfast in the Concorde Room (or equivalent)!
abraxias and Nephoi like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nephoi
why are the first reactions to this post "fly something else then"? I don't get it.

there are many reasons to fly BA. the network, the flight times, maybe even a Brit wants to support British Companies.... I can imagine a bazillion reasons for someone to prefer BA.

Can't we just focus on the objections he made?
Stop continually complaining about a personal choice?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by abligh
Though I'd bet there are no issues with easyJet not serving breakfast in the Concorde Room (or equivalent)!
easyjet is also a bigger airline. cancelling the same number of flights doesn't say anything.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
Stop continually complaining about a personal choice?
again - why can't we complain about a choice we made? you can both like BA and try to support BA on the one side AND say/see/state/tell/write that there are things that can be done in a better way...
renila, lloydah, truncated and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Ned1968
so much for seat blocking for Gold.
Seat blocking in today's world? Planes are chocked full.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by TomMM
I’ve recently flown LH and AF without any of the issues reported here.
And I’ve flown BA many times without any of the issues reported here, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any problems with any of these airlines 🤷‍♂️
HIDDY likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by abligh
Indeed, or any Lounge easyJet offers for that matter. The OP doesn’t offer any meat on the bone, the kind of service s/he mentions is very much out of the ordinary especially so early in the early morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.