Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

State of Schiphol for BA (to LHR) queues etc?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

State of Schiphol for BA (to LHR) queues etc?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: BA, KLM, Alitalia
Originally Posted by CarefreeBA
I'm in a Facebook group with a bunch of British People living in The Netherlands, so get sent pictures/reports daily too from them. Over the past few weeks, I've seen it fluctuate daily from 20mins to 3 hours.

I would definitely recommend RTM-LCY vs AMS at the moment if the distance is negligible. Even then, the travel from RTM to Amsterdam Centraal station is about 1 hour - you just have to account for the cost of that depending on how many people are travelling.

I have had flights held for delayed passengers due security (potentially because they also had bags checked in) for about 30mins max, but don't bet on that. If you have priority, try departures 2 (behind the KLM check in desks 9-16) priority entrance first which is on the right hand side, followed by the one behind the check in entrance, followed by Departures 3. This is because of how the priority entrance is segregated and makes it much easier to access.

I'm making a further trip mid June and early July to follow this on with more info. By far the worse I've seen Schiphol for the years I've lived here.
Up to 5 hours this week!
CarefreeBA, SxMan and Fatdickie like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 11:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
For anyone travelling today to/from Amsterdam (all airlines): a restriction to the amount of aircraft arriving (due to aerodrome capacity/staffing) has been put in place. The delay is currently 40mins from 8am and not likely to improve (significantly). This was the same yesterday and delays hovered in the 60-90mins region.
Old May 25, 2022, 5:56 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
crew sickness.
Old May 25, 2022, 6:00 am

Aviapartner still does ticketing, but only for BA Cityflyer flights.
Old May 25, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Avios U.K. IHG diamond, Hilton Diamomd
This afternoons flight was nearly an hour late in due to restricted air traffic. Queue for passportabout 40 min. Used to love schipol now I think twinned with Manchester!
on the AA flight to PHL in the morning. Not looking forward to to security based on comments above.
Old May 25, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Avios U.K. IHG diamond, Hilton Diamomd
Data point 715am this morning. Checkin area over crowded as many desks yet to open. faught our way to aa checkin and about 10 min in priority line.
main security not too bad about 20 min. Priority wasn’t open at start but called airport lady and she manually moved us into it - about 5 min. Passport e gates accept U.K. on way out . Then stamped . No delay there really. Aspire lounge v busy limited seating. BA lounge still closed!l aspire lounge lady doesn’t think BA lounge is repopenimg.- much stress for her turning away lounge card people,

Last edited by Odiy; May 26, 2022 at 12:46 am
Old May 26, 2022, 1:41 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Odiy
Data point 715am this morning. Checkin area over crowded as many desks yet to open. faught our way to aa checkin and about 10 min in priority line.
main security not too bad about 20 min. Priority wasn’t open at start but called airport lady and she manually moved us into it - about 5 min. Passport e gates accept U.K. on way out . Then stamped . No delay there really. Aspire lounge v busy limited seating. BA lounge still closed!l aspire lounge lady doesn’t think BA lounge is repopenimg.- much stress for her turning away lounge card people,
Do we know why the BA lounge seems to be permanently closed now? Cost cutting, staffing issues etc? AMS would seem to be one of the lounges in Europe that would justify a dedicated BA lounge because a) it is a key business destination and b) the large number of daily BA flights from LON - all three airports.

AMS actually has more daily flights than places like LIN and probably FRA too.
Old May 26, 2022, 3:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BOH
Do we know why the BA lounge seems to be permanently closed now? Cost cutting, staffing issues etc? AMS would seem to be one of the lounges in Europe that would justify a dedicated BA lounge because a) it is a key business destination and b) the large number of daily BA flights from LON - all three airports.

AMS actually has more daily flights than places like LIN and probably FRA too.
It would be nice if the Lounge is moved more closely to the D gates.
SxMan and Tredders like this.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by stefan_nl
It would be nice if the Lounge is moved more closely to the D gates.
I thought that it wasn’t a British Airways Lounge anymore. I’m sure I read, on here or somewhere else equally reliable, that the former BAstaff at been made redundant and the lounge handed over to a third-party.

it’s a real shame because it was my favourite Lounge on the whole planet – it used to have regular staff you’ve got to know the clientele and were really friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I remember being delayed for over three hours once on the last flight back and they kept the lounge open so that we had somewhere to wait. Can’t imagine that happening now!
Old May 26, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SxMan
I thought that it wasn’t a British Airways Lounge anymore. I’m sure I read, on here or somewhere else equally reliable, that the former BAstaff at been made redundant and the lounge handed over to a third-party.

it’s a real shame because it was my favourite Lounge on the whole planet – it used to have regular staff you’ve got to know the clientele and were really friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I remember being delayed for over three hours once on the last flight back and they kept the lounge open so that we had somewhere to wait. Can’t imagine that happening now!
The BA lounge is next door to the Aspire lounge, at the moment it's closed but doesn't look like it's been dismantled, there's a note on the door saying it's temporarily closed and directing eligible passengers to the Aspire lounge. I was there on Monday, the last flight to Heathrow was meant to depart at 21:20 but it had a 2 hour weather related delay. At 21:00 the Aspire lounge closed, all passengers were asked to leave so I spent 2 hours sitting at the gate. Hopefully BA will reopen their own lounge when flights get back to normal, half the rotations from Heathrow still aren't operating.

A quick data point, I arrive around 9am Monday morning into Amsterdam, queue for passport control took about 20 mins, departing it took about 25 mins from train station to Aspire lounge, this was about 7pm. Fast track security was quick, most of the queueing was for passport control.
Upupintheair likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:50 am

Schiphol update?

Hi, any recent updates on the overall departures situation at Schiphol? We are currently booked on BA AMS- LCY for Monday evening (18h), still have the option of changing the flight to the 19h flight from RTM. Thanks

Last edited by Mister P.; Jun 2, 2022 at 3:01 am
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi, any recent updates on the overall departures situation at Schiphol? We are currently booked on BA AMS- LCY for Monday evening (18h), still have the option of change the flight to the 19h flight from RTM. Thanks
i think evenings you will be fine.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:56 am

Mister P.

Avoid Schiphol at the moment. Monday is going to be very busy end of bank holiday.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:14 am

Thanks for both replies, not a lot of consensus so far!
Old Jun 2, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Passport contr

Originally Posted by Crismyth
Up to 5 hours this week!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.