Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

State of Schiphol for BA (to LHR) queues etc?

State of Schiphol for BA (to LHR) queues etc?

Old Apr 29, 22, 8:32 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
It was a bit painful arriving last night, the e-gates were shut and all passengers were funneled in the other passports lane. There was a single file for EU passport but the agent wasn't letting people through because he said it was full. Very slow moving. He spoke to someone on his phone and 20 minutes later they opened the e-gates. I'm not sure wether British passports work in those, but it thinned the queue pretty quickly.
Old Apr 29, 22, 10:12 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum
Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur View Post
Is the dedicated BA lounge that much better than Aspire? Not much in it IMO....

And at the risk of veering off topic, in MUC the new third party lounge is an improvement on the old BA offering.

I do actually agree with you....but playing devil's advocate
No, agree the BA lounge is maybe not much better than the Aspire lounge but at least it is open until the last flight of the day leaves.
Old Apr 29, 22, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Silver,
I flew last weekend both to and from Schipol with BA. There were issues on the way out given work on runways we were told. Our aircraft left the gate at T5 on time but we sat for 45 minutes before allowed to take off. Passport queue was 10 mins I guess. There were automated announcements re delays due to holidays and sickness. I cant say I noticed anything. It was the same on the way home. The airport was busy but not like it can be at T5 so all in I thought it wasnt that bad by normal standards - perhaps busy for Schipol though its been years since i travelled there.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Apr 29, 22, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by BOH View Post
It has the BA logo as you go in where the desk is and the wifi password is always the BA one that is in use at the time at LHR, ie "lasvegas".
You fly too much on BA if you refer to the seasons as "lasvegas", "budapest", "singapore", and "vancouver"
makin'miles, dcmike, BOH and 7 others like this.
Old Apr 30, 22, 6:29 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
My daughter just sent me this from Schiphol today.

wrp96 and SxMan like this.
Old May 1, 22, 9:30 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Any more recent anecdotes? Flying out of here with BA tomorrow at 11.40, currently debating what time we need to arrive. We will have to check bags.
Old May 2, 22, 2:47 am

I'm there right now, arrived 1h45 before my flight and doesn't look like I will make it. No fast track apparently except Privium I expect.
Old May 2, 22, 2:55 am

In fact there's no room left on AMS flights to London. If I miss it it'll be interesting.
Old May 2, 22, 3:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by alex67500 View Post
In fact there's no room left on AMS flights to London. If I miss it it'll be interesting.
Yes, I've commented in this other thread that this is very tricky. There are some LGW seats going, I bet they won't stay around for much longer. The other options are going via FRA or DUB. Even MME (Yarm International) is full today. There is a late KLM EDI service with seats 21:10 hrs
Old May 2, 22, 3:02 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm there right now, arrived 1h45 before my flight and doesn't look like I will make it. No fast track apparently except Privium I expect.
The issue is that you have to queue for several hours to even get to security and they dont prioritise anyone, even if flying in premium cabins or about to literally miss their flight. Im not religious but Im praying for you!
Old May 2, 22, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
At AMS, and just checked in my bag for LCY. Massive, massive queues.

The check in agent said the queue for security was better from departure area B behind check in area 9 so we went there. She confirmed no priority boarding for BA Gold or Silver.

Currently in queue but it is moving.

Last edited by CoweyB; May 2, 22 at 5:24 am
Old May 2, 22, 4:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Yes, I've commented in this other thread that this is very tricky. There are some LGW seats going, I bet they won't stay around for much longer. The other options are going via FRA or DUB. Even MME (Yarm International) is full today. There is a late KLM EDI service with seats 21:10 hrs
Bank holiday weekend... I'm in MAD just now, had hoped to get on an earlier flight, but every flight for the rest of the day is J0 Y0.
Old May 2, 22, 4:35 am

So, priority was open but only once you could make it up the stairs, which means you could cut the last 30-40 minutes but only once you'd already queued for an hour and a half. BA8452 is waiting for ALL passengers. We've just had a thoughtful announcement from the CSM (paraphrasing) "because all flights from AMS to LON look full, and it's not their fault, we will be waiting for every passenger". Everyone is welcomed on-board with a glass of water.
wrp96, Lefly and Radiation Station like this.
Old May 2, 22, 4:48 am

So, priority was open but only once you could make it up the stairs, which means you could cut the last 30-40 minutes but only once you'd already queued for an hour and a half. BA8452 is waiting for ALL passengers. We've just had a thoughtful announcement from the CSM (paraphrasing) "because all flights from AMS to LON look full, and it's not their fault, we will be waiting for every passenger". Everyone is welcomed on-board with a glass of water.
Took us about two hours to get to that point too. Crew have been amazing on this flight so far, to give BA credit.
wrp96 and alex67500 like this.
Old May 2, 22, 5:13 am

Not to hi-jack the thread, but for the City flight, bagage handlers are looking for 9 pieces of luggage in the hold, we're on our way 19 passengers short. So not waiting for all of them after all...

The Heathrow flight (which I believe is Radiation Station's) pushed back just before us.

Last edited by alex67500; May 2, 22 at 5:27 am

Search this Thread