Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

State of Schiphol for BA (to LHR) queues etc?

State of Schiphol for BA (to LHR) queues etc?

Old Jul 7, 2022, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The area where this information is kept up to date is in MMB under the flight line, check-in, other ways to check-in. I think the old layout of MMB provides the timings more clearly.
Thanks! Once I changed the layout to the "previous design" it took less than 30 seconds to find. Self-service opens at 4:00 am and the desk opens 2 hours prior.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:25 pm

Its not AMS but its southern neighbour BRU, which used to be a pleasure to go through. Not this morning, about one hour to clear passport control thanks to TUI and Brussels scheduling about 5 flight to Antalya and Bodrum early in the morning.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:35 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just another statistical point - Arrived late yesterday on the BA444 service. I was expecting lines at passport to be short, but gosh, it was still rather busy for both self-service gates and the counters (saw only 2 counters opened) but the KM had 4-5 people standing in the office.
Bags arrived safely and rather quick in my opinion.

Cheers!
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Yesterday arriving AMS on the 438, 2 hours to cross the border.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:14 am
formerly JackDann

Didnt fly BA - But yesterday arrived at 12:45 and took 5 minutes at Immigration, only delay was for a second bus on the ground.

Currently at the front of security queue 45/60 Mins it total. Probably under 50% of Security Lanes in operation.

Edit : 6/16 lanes in operation. And every single passenger has to go through a body scanner. No wonder there is such a delay!

Used the E-Gates at Immigration on the way out there. 4/16 In operation but took a couple minutes.
EDDLEGLL likes this.

Last edited by JD1905; Jul 8, 2022 at 4:25 am
Old Jul 10, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
To answer my own question from earlier, you can indeed get airside at the Schengen section with a BA boarding pass.

No lines anywhere though, took me less than 10 minutes from train to the Aspire lounge this evening.

The closed BA lounge had a sign up saying that theyre working on exciting development plans - does anyone know what theyre doing?
alex67500 and KARFA like this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:01 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
To answer my own question from earlier, you can indeed get airside at the Schengen section with a BA boarding pass.

No lines anywhere though, took me less than 10 minutes from train to the Aspire lounge this evening.

The closed BA lounge had a sign up saying that theyre working on exciting development plans - does anyone know what theyre doing?
that sign has been up for a few weeks now - so they must be very exciting!
Markie, aks120, alex67500 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
that sign has been up for a few weeks now - so they must be very exciting!
More like months and months
KARFA and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
I believe they are working on a new sign
KARFA, JustTheOne, DaveS and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:00 am
formerly JackDann

Anyone know why every passenger needs Body Scanned? I remember when they were trialling the use of CT Scanners at LHR it was the same, and it made the process significantly slower. The time gained using the CT's for the bags is immediately lost by scanning everybody.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Can anyone confirm if BA Gold on a Y fare gets Priority for security at AMS?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by danmushman
Can anyone confirm if BA Gold on a Y fare gets Priority for security at AMS?
also want to know if OWE (AA) gets fast track in Y if anyone flown recently
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Plat, Meli Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite Plus
Yes for BA gold (not sure about other OW). But no +1.
danmushman likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Plat, Meli Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite Plus
I would also recommend that if you are flying to non-schengen destination, you avoid using A-D zone security and use D-F zone. 2 hours vs 20 mins this afternoon (for non-fast track).
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The problem is that it seems so variable. I was there last Tuesday evening, they weren't letting anyone upstairs for security at departures 3 as it was already rammed, so we were being sent to departures 2. Still took an hour to get to the front of the security queue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.