Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ba flight cancellations 110 today.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Just had email saying GLA-LHR rtn is cancelled. May 22-28. This is getting a bit stupid …. They should reduce the capacity once per quarter and then deliver what they promise!
thegreatmrsj and BertieBadger like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:18 am

I sadly got the dreaded email saying my connecting LHR>GLA flight on 12th May has been cancelled, while we’re out currently in Orlando. Looks like we will now have a 5 and half layover if we can get on the next flight.

Last thing I want to be doing on my holiday is sit on the phone to BA. Four times now while in the queue it’s just gone silent and then hung up after 15 minutes. Incredibly annoying.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Just had my LHR DUB flight for two weeks time cancelled. Debating whether to switch to LCY or FR from LGW. The latter is probably more reliable.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:06 am

My inbound Nap-Lhr was cancelled this morning, it has taken all day to sort and I am awaiting the confirmation email to make sure it is correct. Unfortunately I also have two further returns booked for later this year which have the possibility of going wrong but I’m not sure next years flights will be BA!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:36 am

I had a 14/5 am LHR -VCE in CE cancelled yesterday. Happens.. but ... email says to ring to amend booking - system cuts off as hotel included - voice message says use managemyflight, which says you can change your flight, but offers non way to do it. - new email which offers 4 link buttons, including 'find a new flight' - clicked that to get a message "we'll let you know when you've been rebooked" (!!!) = tried DMing via Twitter, got a response which seems to be a bot as it keeps asking me to select from options which don't appear. Have rebooked on evening flight (last 2 CE seats) but had to pay. Now looking forward to arguing for refunds on those. It's the response that infuriates rather than the cause.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:38 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Just had a flight cancellation email for a flight GLA-LHR in 3 weeks time. Went in to MMB to see options but only giving option of cancelling and getting a refund rather than booking on to another service. Is this normal now?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Just had a flight cancellation email for a flight GLA-LHR in 3 weeks time. Went in to MMB to see options but only giving option of cancelling and getting a refund rather than booking on to another service. Is this normal now?
I received two cancellation emails yesterday. In each case, I had been automatically rebooked onto another flight and MMB gave me the option of accepting the new itinerary, choosing another service and cancelling for a refund. I don't know why you wouldn't be given the same options.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Received this email from BA for a flight coming up in 5 days KRK-LHR. Flight times are the same. Don't see any reason to be concerned - Am I missing something? Connecting onward to EWR

We’ve had to make some adjustments to our schedule and have leased an aircraft from our airline partner Finnair. This change is due to operational reasons and they will operate your flight on our behalf so you can fly to your destination as planned. There should be no changes to your onboard experience.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by raiz
Received this email from BA for a flight coming up in 5 days KRK-LHR. Flight times are the same. Don't see any reason to be concerned - Am I missing something? Connecting onward to EWR

We’ve had to make some adjustments to our schedule and have leased an aircraft from our airline partner Finnair. This change is due to operational reasons and they will operate your flight on our behalf so you can fly to your destination as planned. There should be no changes to your onboard experience.

Hi,

I would not be concerned. BA are getting some other airlnes to operate their flights in the near future ( Finnair is one and IIRC Iberia express is another)

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load
My initial reaction to this (rumoured) news of reduced standards was along the lines of Quelle surprise 🙄

But when one thinks more deeply about potential implications for long-suffering BA pax going forward, the picture is not an especially bright one.
Think about this for a moment and you realise how improbable it is.

The answer is far more complex and involves mundane things like 5 month wait for passports and DBS Scotland Checks. Also any training course has limited numbers and so we have a problem, also an issue with old contract LH crew going sick for their SH course because it doesn't fit with lifestyle.

Staff shortages are rife as a result, as are the problems of trying to lure people from jobs that are now better or just as good as BA. When you offer market rates for a job, you have to compete, something that BA are culturally unused to and are finding it difficult to manage. Go figure.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Tried to call the Silver line eight times in the past hour. Three times got through then got cut off, every other time the line got cut after a five minute wait. Wait time to get answered was around 6 minutes, just a pity the line got cut! As stated in the recorded messages, they’re only dealing with customer services just now. Obvious that all of my answered calls were put through to India. Why can’t they extend the opening hours?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:59 pm

Why can’t they extend the opening hours?
Who is going to answer the calls? You can add 4 hours to opening hours but you can’t magic up trained and skilled staff from nowhere. And if they had fewer people on shift but spread over a longer day then call wait times would increase.

All call centres are currently offering practically unlimited overtime and are training like mad to get new people online. If you got a new recruit on the other end of your call who hadn’t been trained properly you’d be complaining about that instead.
konagirl2, abraxias and MatJarosz like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Tried to call the Silver line eight times in the past hour………………... Why can’t they extend the opening hours?
Maybe for the same reason that they can’t always operate flights as scheduled (and booked) ………..
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Duplicate post
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
After BA cancelled my return from KEF on 13/05 I had a quick look at Google Flights to see what they've done in terms of the schedule and basically it seems to have gone from once a day to the end of April then random dates for three weeks before settling on a 3 day a week service until 29/09 at which point it goes daily. I might be right in thinking that 29/09 is around the switch to winter timetables and therefore they've probably not changed any of those.

I've no idea how many people had booked to go to KEF this summer, but culling flights on 4 days a week is clearly going to mess with a lot of plans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.