Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Club Gold desk woes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Executive Club Gold desk woes

Has anyone else been having as much as trouble as me with reaching the Executive Club desk for Gold members? Half of the time the automated system simply says "due to heavy call volume we cannot answer your call as this time" and the other half it puts me on a 30-40 minute hold after which I give up. How else am I supposed to get answers that the website or the app do not provide? Such BS.
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by andreiz
How else am I supposed to get answers that the website or the app do not provide? Such BS.
You could try asking here.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Has anyone else been having as much as trouble as me with reaching the Executive Club desk for Gold members?
I think there might be the odd thread about it here and there.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
You could try asking here.
Well, sure. Two questions:

1. Why hasn’t the LHR-AMS flight I took 2 weeks ago posted to my account yet?

2. Tomorrow I’m flying LHR-SEA J booked as AA codeshare. The Avios calculator says that the flight would get Avios, but 0 TPs for J/D class. Is that correct or a glitch? And if a glitch how do I actually get TPs for it?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
1. Why hasn’t the LHR-AMS flight I took 2 weeks ago posted to my account yet?
The Gold line almost certainly wouldn't be able to answer that question either. And asking it like that would be almost guaranteed to annoy the agent, whether they show it or not.

Have you yet made a claim via the website? If not, why not try doing that first?

If nothing happens for a long time, then there are other FT resources that can help out. You can ask us again then.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

And for 2
The AA earning table on BA.com is wrong ( glitch) . You will get avios and tps for the flight.

Regards

TBS
andreiz and Markie like this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:12 am

Just plug your phone in, stick it on speakerphone and do something else with the time. I spent a lovely 40 minutes pruning garden shrubs whilst I waited for an agent ;-)
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:21 am

Before another "missing Avios" thread is started, tips for OP:

1. Try and retroclaim via Claim Missing Avios on ba.com, if that doesn't work, then you can claim over the phone, don't ask why or show grief, just politely ask and usually for BA flights they should be able to credit it there and then or pass it onto back office who will get it done for you in no time. If this doesn't work, then you can send a PM to BAMissingAvios here on FlyerTalk and that will most certainly work too. It shouldn't even have to reach the point of sending a PM to her anyway especially for a BA operated service

2. As others have said, you will earn Avios/TPs for your AA Codeshare sector

3. What Shackyshackleton said is not a bad idea at all, once you're through into the queue, it's worth just holding out to reach someone and doing something else on the side, kills 2, potentially 3 birds with one stone then. There have been reports of patchy improvement here and there, but not perfect, I expect as staffing improves and also the schedule stabilises, this will get better, however, the earliest point that will likely happen will be the W22 season

Good luck
andreiz likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Choose a time of day when the UK is closed, e.g. 12.30am. The agent, probably in the Far East, might respond fairly quickly.
andreiz likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Have you yet made a claim via the website? If not, why not try doing that first?
I did, a few days after the flight.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for responding, this has definitely improved my mood. Cheers.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Shackyshackleton
Just plug your phone in, stick it on speakerphone and do something else with the time. I spent a lovely 40 minutes pruning garden shrubs whilst I waited for an agent ;-)
Yeah, that's great but for people who have other commitments it is quite difficult. I have to confess that giving anaesthetics for 10 hours a day and trying to stay on hold for 40 mins is a bit of a problem.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by i_concur
Yeah, that's great but for people who have other commitments it is quite difficult. I have to confess that giving anaesthetics for 10 hours a day and trying to stay on hold for 40 mins is a bit of a problem.
Well sadly often it's either the choice of trying to at least salvage something and doing whatever one can on the side and waiting otherwise it's no TPs/Avios (or potentially no alternate arrangements say if this were to be a cancellation/rebooking scenario rather than missing points) because these issues with lengthy call centre waits aren't going away anytime soon, likely for months and as a minimum till W22 flying season and that too if there aren't any further wobbles in the schedule relating to dynamic COVID restrictions or any further IT meltdowns.

BA aren't alone in the horrendous call wait times, QF make BA seem awfully reasonable, as does AY's call centres and AS and AA' during even the slightest meltdown, with the latter guaranteeing one a rude/moody/disinterested agent after all the efforts waiting, at least with BA you are somewhat guaranteed a reasonable, if not great agent

Last edited by AirbusA350; Apr 25, 2022 at 5:24 pm
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Well sadly it's either the choice of trying to at least salvage something and doing whatever one can on the side and waiting otherwise it's no TPs/Avios because these issues with lengthy call centre waits aren't going away anytime soon, likely for months and as a minimum till W22 flying season and that too if there aren't any further wobbles in the schedule relating to dynamic COVID restrictions or any further IT meltdowns.

BA aren't alone in the horrendous call wait times, QF make BA seem awfully reasonable, as does AY's call centres and AS and AA' during even the slightest meltdown, with the latter guaranteeing one a rude/moody/disinterested agent after all the efforts waiting, at least with BA you are somewhat guaranteed a reasonable, if not great agent
So that's OK then.

Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Haagen Daz
So that's OK then.

Thanks.
Errr not sure what you're trying to say, but of course it's not ok and not acceptable that BA (and a lot of other airlines + airports) are operating in an extremely substandard/poor manner...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.