Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In which lounge was this picture taken?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
So what other vintage airport lounge (or anywhere vaguely BA-related) photos do you have that you would like to share with us @HIDDY?
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
So what other vintage airport lounge (or anywhere vaguely BA-related) photos do you have that you would like to share with us @HIDDY?
I wondered whether we might see something from Croydon airport, showing HIDDY’s most recent flight ……. 😎
Old Apr 22, 2022, 5:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

You're speaking as if I've got one foot in the grave? Unlike T8191 and PUCCI GALORE I've not even reached UK pension age. Yeah I've got quite a few pics of airlines I've flown over the years....most of them have since gone bust right enough.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
You're speaking as if I've got one foot in the grave? Unlike T8191 and PUCCI GALORE I've not even reached UK pension age. Yeah I've got quite a few pics of airlines I've flown over the years....most of them have since gone bust right enough.
Having a pension is very handy. Its like getting a pay check for going to the pub.
HIDDY, T8191 and WickedStepMother like this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Hang on a minute - unlike subject2load it’s the photos I was describing as vintage, not you!!!

And that’s not vintage in the sense of old and dated, but rather (according the The Cambridge Dictionary) “of high quality and lasting value, or showing the best and most typical characteristics of a particular type of thing” - like a fine wine.

​​​​​​​Oh wait, that IS you!

(For the record I am just under a year away from collecting my own UK state pension - so long as the goalposts don’t get moved again - so we are probably pretty much the same age, which I certainly don’t describe as old these days. )
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.