Wiki Posts
Search

Faxing a TP avios request??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Faxing a TP avios request??

Need to submit a request for Avios and TPs for an AS flight I took earlier in the month (the other flight on the same PNR I took directly after that posted fine!).

Alaska Airlines is not on the lookup table on the partner airlines request page, and entering other airline directs you to a page that you need to fax (!!!) to BA with your boarding pass. One of these days BA may join us in the 21st century (though not soon judging by their IT, which I have two compensation claims in for), but until then, is there another way to claim for AS?. I don't have a fax number, and don't have a fax!.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
See this thread which deals specifically for AS claims Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights

Basically you can PM BAMissingAvios on here instead of faxing.
SpurMan and m8_rotate like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:40 am

Unless things have changed recently you don’t (or never used to at least) get TP for Alaska. I think from memory we got a small number of Avios only.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Shackyshackleton
Unless things have changed recently you don’t (or never used to at least) get TP for Alaska. I think from memory we got a small number of Avios only.
Yes, that correct. Before they joined oneworld last year you may have got some avios only unless booked under a BA codeshare which was available on some AS routes.

Since AS joined oneworld last year you can earn TPs and avios when crediting to BAEC like any other oneworld airline.
Geordie405 and m8_rotate like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Shackyshackleton
What's changed is that Alaska is in Oneworld now and therefore flights with them earn tier points.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
See this thread which deals specifically for AS claims Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights

Basically you can PM BAMissingAvios on here instead of faxing.
Thanks Karfa. That's much easier!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:32 pm

You need to know your rights under EU Regulation 261/2004. If there are considerable irrops, then the operating airline has to offer you to fax two documents, and that's when you fax your document to BA.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by SpurMan
Need to submit a request for Avios and TPs for an AS flight I took earlier in the month (the other flight on the same PNR I took directly after that posted fine!).

Alaska Airlines is not on the lookup table on the partner airlines request page, and entering other airline directs you to a page that you need to fax (!!!) to BA with your boarding pass. One of these days BA may join us in the 21st century (though not soon judging by their IT, which I have two compensation claims in for), but until then, is there another way to claim for AS?. I don't have a fax number, and don't have a fax!.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Don’t fax anything, either call BAEC and request it, they’ll ask for your route; flight number and ticket number as well as potentially the PNR and usually within a few days it’s all credited.

Alternatively you can PM BAMissingAvios if other methods such as calling have not yielded anything (which is unlikely). I understand from previous comments that BAMissingAvios is intended as a step of escalation rather than first port of call
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:15 pm

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
I have access to a fax machine so happy to assist anyone if needs be.

Or its very simple to use this online service, and you get a limited amount of free faxes to send upon signing up to the basic free plan : https://www.fax.plus

Incidentally I still send documents by fax regularly.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by hungry
I have access to a fax machine so happy to assist anyone if needs be.

Or its very simple to use this online service, and you get a limited amount of free faxes to send upon signing up to the basic free plan : https://www.fax.plus

Incidentally I still send documents by fax regularly.
Honestly it’s a waste of time even bothering to fax. There are many reports of fellow members here going out of their way to find a fax machine and faxing through things, only to never hear back!

Of course, it is nice to see some kindness and offer of help. However I’d still strongly advise calling BA, BAMissingAvios or the online retroclaim form (for airlines that it permits submissions this way). Forget the faxing debacle
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:14 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Takes me back around 20 years to claiming for missing TPs and miles for some Cathay Pacific flights. I had to type up the full details of the flights and passenger details and then print it out and fax them along with the paper flight tickets and paper boarding passes I’d kept. IIRC it took multiple attempts at faxing the paper flight tickets and then photocopies of them using various print and contrast settings before they could finally be read at the other end.

There’s probably some some younger members of this forum wondering what the hell fax machines and paper flight tickets are!
T8191 and AirbusA350 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.