Wiki Posts
Search

BA cuts MIA service for S22

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
BA cuts MIA service for S22

Not sure where to post this, so seems easier to start a new thread given the popularity of BA’s MIA service.
Thanks to London Air Travel for the publication - BA have cut their 207/206 LHR - MIA - LHR service from June 4th to Sept 7th and will only operate the BA209 / 208 service with an A380.

Air Travel London also reporting AA will operate 2 flights a day on the route (plus BA’s 3rd) leaving LHR - MIA with the following departures:

10.40am - AA operated B772
12.50pm - AA operated B77W
2.15pm - BA operated A380

AA are dropping their SEA service for the summer due to B787 delivery delays, so perhaps BA are looking for a way to offset crew shortages with AA picking up the slack?

Pilot37
passy777, Oaxaca and Genius1 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:30 pm

BA and AA have been combining schedules and frequencies for a decade now, nothing really new here. Summer is a relatively quiet period for MIA, and in any case an A380 carries the same number of pax (and crew) as 2 x 772s. Traditionally MIA a only saw the A380 in winter so that’s the only real story.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:48 pm

Slightly annoying as I was booked on 207/206 late August and optimistic for club suites. BA have rebooked me on 209/208 so it looks like the old club. Will be my first A380 flight though so that’s something I guess!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:34 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
I flew to MIA at lunchtime today, but on AA39, from LHR. It was half full (or half empty, depending on your life perspective &#128521 . Business went out with 25 empty seats on the 77W. I didn’t see further back, but it took about 15 mins to board. We sat on the ground for 10 mins, with the door shut waiting for our slot to leave (according to the plane driver) so can’t have been very full down the back either.

Not sure how BA loads are doing, but I’m not surprised at this service reduction, having seen today’s flight on AA.

(No masks on board. Yay).
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Confus
....Summer ....
We have only two seasons, Tourist Season and Hurricane Season .
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
I flew to MIA at lunchtime today, but on AA39, from LHR. It was half full (or half empty, depending on your life perspective &#128521 . Business went out with 25 empty seats on the 77W. I didn’t see further back, but it took about 15 mins to board. We sat on the ground for 10 mins, with the door shut waiting for our slot to leave (according to the plane driver) so can’t have been very full down the back either.

Not sure how BA loads are doing, but I’m not surprised at this service reduction, having seen today’s flight on AA.

(No masks on board. Yay).
I flew AA57 LHR-MIA twice in March and on both occasions they were asking for volunteers to offload at the gate. I also have a booking on the A380 MIA-LHR in August and even before the change 13/14 seats were taken in F.

I guess they know what they are doing…!
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
More likely to be lack of staff and operational need than lack of demand surely?
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I have it on good authority that from 12 noon today BA began a mass cancellation event that impacts almost 200,000 PNRs and close to 400,000 passengers. Flights till October are affected.
On a personal note I will do very well out of this. I have been rerouted on Qatar to Asia in F/J which is step up from BA/CX. Instead of HKG I get 4 nights somewhere new! Every cloud as they say.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by skipness1E
More likely to be lack of staff and operational need than lack of demand surely?
Add a lack of aircraft (787) deliveries to the list. Airlines are having to shuffle their packs and plan for a Summer without any expected 787 arrivals.
skipness1E likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Looks like they’ve been busy with more changes, my LHR-MIA for December was changed today from a 777 with club suites to A380

Plenty of time yet for it to hopefully switch back
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:56 pm

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
We got the dreaded Your flight to Miami has been cancelled email as well for our trip at the end of August . BA automatically rebooked us onto the replacement AA flight going at the same time but now arriving 15 minutes later. Seems PE and Business could be full as you can only book economy now.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:50 am

I was already booked on the 208 A380 prior to this, so no change, but I had been holding off paying to reserve seats (currently only bronze) for the upper deck as things didn’t seem too busy. With the earlier flight now cancelled I’m starting to think im going to have to stump up the cash (or Avios) if I want to get my preferred seats for the three of us 🤔😭
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by binman
I have it on good authority that from 12 noon today BA began a mass cancellation event that impacts almost 200,000 PNRs and close to 400,000 passengers. Flights till October are affected.
On a personal note I will do very well out of this. I have been rerouted on Qatar to Asia in F/J which is step up from BA/CX. Instead of HKG I get 4 nights somewhere new! Every cloud as they say.
Great. Let’s see how long it takes for them to tell everyone.
Old May 12, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Looks like some changes to departure times too. I was already booked onto the A380 flight to Miami next week, just noticed in the App it's now scheduled to depart 45 mins earlier than when I booked the flight on Monday. No notification from BA or my corporate travel agent yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.