Wiki Posts
Search

Checking Luggage on second leg INV-LHR-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion BA GGL IHG Diamond
Checking Luggage on second leg INV-LHR-JFK

I need to do positioning flights to INV and then do a B2B. Instead of making it all very tight, can leave my luggage at my hotel at T5 and then check it in when I arrive back at LHR to go to JFK I have a 5-hour layover so plenty of time? TIA
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Komodromou
I need to do positioning flights to INV and then do a B2B. Instead of making it all very tight, can leave my luggage at my hotel at T5 and then check it in when I arrive back at LHR to go to JFK I have a 5-hour layover so plenty of time? TIA
When you check in on ba.com, select that you won’t be checking in any bags on either flight. When you go to T5, go to a self service bag drop and scan your LHR-JFK boarding pass. You’ll then be able to check in your bag to JFK while you go to INV and back.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Komodromou
Yes, you can check luggage before the flight to JFK.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion BA GGL IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by xxxxx
When you check in on ba.com, select that you won’t be checking in any bags on either flight. When you go to T5, go to a self service bag drop and scan your LHR-JFK boarding pass. You’ll then be able to check in your bag to JFK while you go to INV and back.
You're a Star!! Thank you so much I can go ahead book
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I've done this before, leaving my bags at Left Luggage in T5 for a few hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.