Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

More xxxxxxx cancellations - first leg of ex-EU now gone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More xxxxxxx cancellations - first leg of ex-EU now gone

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by u01sss3
I had a DUB-LHR segment of an ex EU booking cancelled previously and they wouldn't let me change it to EDI or LHR departure because it was priced in euros (BAH). For future reference, was that incorrect info?
yes. pricing currency of the booking is irrelevant since this is an invol change and no repricing is done.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:33 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
How close to departure does a flight have to be cancelled so that if it is rerouted more direct, we can claim back the original booking tier points? ie LHR-JFK-LAS switched to LHR-LAS
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by PxC
How close to departure does a flight have to be cancelled so that if it is rerouted more direct, we can claim back the original booking tier points? ie LHR-JFK-LAS switched to LHR-LAS
For what I know, to claim Original Routing Credit (ORC) the changes must be on the day of travel.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by u01sss3
I had a DUB-LHR segment of an ex EU booking cancelled previously and they wouldn't let me change it to EDI or LHR departure because it was priced in euros (BAH). For future reference, was that incorrect info?
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes. pricing currency of the booking is irrelevant since this is an invol change and no repricing is done.
Moreover if there was a re-fare, that can easily be computed in Euros, pounds, dollars and probably many other currencies, So that wouldn't be a blocker anyway. BA just uses the IATA look up table. Now the unfortunate thing is that online this isn't possible, so different currencies can hit a problem if you move flights across currency zones. But it need not be so, many other IATA airlines have currency tabs on their payment screens and you can just flip them yourself without invoking Dynamic Currency Conversion, a pernicious device that Ryanair uses.
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.