Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA dropped BKK for winter 22/23 ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 10:23 pm

This information about BKK as a freight run is actually wrong.

The BA9/10F has stopped operating, for now. Its not clear if it will return but it has not flown for a couple of weeks at least.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:09 pm
mun

Programs: british airways virgin
How many points now?

Following our cancelled BA LHR - BKK, we are now traveling LHR - Doha, Doha - BKK (on Qatar) , BKK - Koh Samui (on Bangkok) return on one ticket. How many tier points and avios will this earn? It doesn't say it on MMB or email ticket. Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:18 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mun
Following our cancelled BA LHR - BKK, we are now traveling LHR - Doha, Doha - BKK (on Qatar) , BKK - Koh Samui (on Bangkok) return on one ticket. How many tier points and avios will this earn? It doesn't say it on MMB or email ticket. Thanks
You can use the BA Tier Points Calculator on BA.com for this as it depends entirely of class of travel and booking class.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:38 pm
mun

I do realise I can use the points calculator but does it count as two long haul flights in each direction or just one. Is it just one set of points LHR to BKK or two sets for the two flights LHR - Doha and the Doha - BKK. I'm confused I have tried the obvious so thought someone here might know the answer.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:03 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by mun
I do realise I can use the points calculator but does it count as two long haul flights in each direction or just one. Is it just one set of points LHR to BKK or two sets for the two flights LHR - Doha and the Doha - BKK. I'm confused I have tried the obvious so thought someone here might know the answer.
I don’t really understand the issue you’re having? If you use the calculator it will tell you the amount of TP’s you’ll earn for each flight. If you are going BKK via DOH that is 2 flights, so you’ll earn 2 amounts of TP’s.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:16 am
mun

Originally Posted by JackDann
I don’t really understand the issue you’re having? If you use the calculator it will tell you the amount of TP’s you’ll earn for each flight. If you are going BKK via DOH that is 2 flights, so you’ll earn 2 amounts of TP’s.
Thank you
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:21 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mun
To use the calculator, you have to search each leg individually. Each flight counts individually, so you now have four flights (excl. the PG one) instead of two.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:43 am
mun

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
To use the calculator, you have to search each leg individually. Each flight counts individually, so you now have four flights (excl. the PG one) instead of two.
Thank you
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by JackDann
The OP is asking the same question as me. If a rerouting means a change in number of flights/class/airline, do you get the TPs of the original booking or the revised one?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by wb1969
The OP is asking the same question as me. If a rerouting means a change in number of flights/class/airline, do you get the TPs of the original booking or the revised one?
The new, revised flights.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wb1969
Original booking BKK-LHR was in W, so 90 TPs. No W class on QR so how many TPs would I get for BKK-DOH-LHR?
I suspect you may get business class points for your BKK-LHR as you would be booked in to a business selling class.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Even though pre-COVID I went to Thailand once a year, the loss of BKK on BA doesn't bother me too much. In recent years I only flew BA once on the route, and that was a WTP to CW upgrade, otherwise in Economy or PE, they really can't compete on service or price with the Gulf or Asian carriers. My loyalty to BA only goes so far.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:28 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by Camflyer
Even though pre-COVID I went to Thailand once a year, the loss of BKK on BA doesn't bother me too much. In recent years I only flew BA once on the route, and that was a WTP to CW upgrade, otherwise in Economy or PE, they really can't compete on service or price with the Gulf or Asian carriers. My loyalty to BA only goes so far.
I never really used the route because of the aircraft they had operating it (The mega old 777’s). Last time I used BA to Thailand I went via KUL (Just as easy for HKT) that route is now also long gone. In January I was supposed to go via SIN, but that was cancelled and I ended up on QR.

If you’re desperate to fly BA to Thailand, SIN now looks to be the only potential option now.

In an ideal world there would be more direct routes into Thailand.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: LH, BA
Beside BKK, I was looking at SIN from Europe. It seems that thoughout 2022, BA charges around 2000£ for premium and 6000£ for business. Checked their website and Google flights. I know they are 3x better than Qatar but still 🤣 what’s going on with their SEA operations?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:37 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by flyasia
Beside BKK, I was looking at SIN from Europe. It seems that thoughout 2022, BA charges around 2000£ for premium and 6000£ for business. Checked their website and Google flights. I know they are 3x better than Qatar but still 🤣 what’s going on with their SEA operations?
Just checked my dates for January and yeah, expensive!

I managed to get a return F fare for £3,000 in Jan just gone, would do that every time if it was that price!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.