Secondary issues to be addressed by BA

Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA executive club
Secondary issues to be addressed by BA

We all know about the main issues BA is facing : IT outage, baggage handling, poor catering, staff shortage, short haul network breakdown....

After my last flight from Vegas to LHR in CW I would like to add some secondary but important issues BA has to address related to non BA staff at outstations, lounges at outstations, club seats, flying crew, delays at LHR.

BA departs from T3 terminal at LAS. There is a strict check in procedure. I arrived at 8 pm for the 9:30 pm flight. CW class passengers have to wait at some 15m from the check in desk. They are allowed to approach one by one after the previous customer has left and after the check in agent waves. This has nothing to do with covid, it is just the local procedure, only for CW passengers. The check in agent confirmed that the flight was on time. The flight was actually 2 hours late arriving and departing.

Not one restaurant in T3 is open after 8 pm. The LAS club lounge is open and available for BA business passengers until 9pm. At 8:30pm all food in the lounge was gone.

The A350 aircraft has a large business class cabin in front (44 seats). Club suites. The door of my suite did not close due to a technical issue. The club bed has an extremely hard surface. Very uncomfortable seat to sleep. The area at the footrest is not high enough for tall people.

We took off around 11:30 pm. 90 minutes later, the crew had not yet taken any food or drink orders. I decided not to wait for dining and to rest. 60 minutes before landing hell broke loose with 4 crew members rushing through the aisles with breakfast trays. They did not manage to serve all passengers before landing.

No member of crew did recognize my GGL status (no welcome, no greeting, …). I had the impression to be completely invisible for them.

We landed 90 minutes late and we waited an extra 40 minutes on the ground before a gate became available. The crew warned passengers several times that they had to remain seated until their row number was called, otherwise disembarkation would not start.

Price tag: £ 6.600 return in club.

Conclusion: BA has some more work to do after solving the main issues.
Greg66, scoonee, RJD1983 and 20 others like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi
Ouch!

Sounds like a very poor flight to me

I would write in and complain especially about the onboard service. I would have thought they would have kept the lounge open for the delayed flight ( but it is a third party lounge)

If you have an Amex Charge card you could use the shuttle to the D gates and use the Amex centurion lounge

Regards

TBS
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Sounds a poor airport and onboard experience.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:09 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Trippelone
Price tag: £ 6.600 return in club.

Conclusion: BA has some more work to do after solving the main issues.
Conclusion No. 2: You need to find a better deal for your Club flights
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:26 am

I have never experienced 'flight attendants rushing up and down the aisle to serve everyone' as often as I do on BA flights. It is as if they have suddenly been transported back from a time warp and suddenly realize what time it is.
LPQ and nancypants like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:27 am

I'm not sure these are secondary issues. I mean in business class, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the seat to be functioning and to get some food. Call me picky and demanding, I dunno 🤷‍♂️
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Run down by Senior Executives over several years, combine it with a global pandemic and subsequent staff shortages, and it takes 5+ years to recover.

Flew recently several times with LH Group, they seem to manage the pandemic aftermath much better, likely they weren't so run down in the first place.
lhrsfo, SW7London and aristoph like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:34 am

Surely on a LH flight barring any operational circumstances that the timings for what happens when should be laid out in advance.

Do BA use secret shoppers to judge service and feedback to crew as well?

Whilst staffing is an issue I also wonder if there's an element of Cabin Crew not being "match fit". In terms of working longhauls and the demands these place on them.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
... BA departs from T3 terminal at LAS...

... Not one restaurant in T3 is open after 8 pm. The LAS club lounge is open and available for BA business passengers until 9pm. At 8:30pm all food in the lounge was gone.

Would you please clarify, has the The Club at LAS (opposite Gate E2) now reopened or did you take the transit to The Club at LAS near Gate D33?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
FWIW, my business cabin flights transatlantic on AA this year have been drama-free. Mostly departing from satellite B at Heathrow Terminal 5, they have been on-time and sufficiently catered, You can also collect Avios with all AA flights, not just the code shares.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:28 am

BA departs from T3 terminal at LAS. There is a strict check in procedure. I arrived at 8 pm for the 9:30 pm flight. CW class passengers have to wait at some 15m from the check in desk. They are allowed to approach one by one after the previous customer has left and after the check in agent waves. This has nothing to do with covid, it is just the local procedure, only for CW passengers.
And this is a problem because..........?
T8191 and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by gms
Conclusion No. 2: You need to find a better deal for your Club flights
My thoughts exactly. Must have been a very last minute and absolutely critical booking surely?
RJD1983 and Steve in Olympia like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:09 pm

[QUOTE=Trippelone;34141575

Not one restaurant in T3 is open after 8 pm.[/QUOTE]

that isn't a BA decision or problem to solve.
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:26 pm
formerly JackDann

Plenty of better options available for that price range. I don’t think much of this should be a surprise by now. BA is very much at the lower end when it comes to premium.

I’ll only fly BA premium LH if I can book a reward flight, or if my company are paying and it’s cheapest (rare). Even then, if i’m booking a reward flight it would have to be Club Suites, otherwise i’d rather fork out for a revenue ticket on another airline.
ermis177 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Would you please clarify, has the The Club at LAS (opposite Gate E2) now reopened or did you take the transit to The Club at LAS near Gate D33?
Looking at the Amex app it looks as if The Club at LAS opposite the Gate E2 is now open again, and from looking at the arrivals info for LAS it seems as if BA flights are once again using the E gates. Today's BA275 / BA274 is shown as gate E1 in T3. Last time I flew into LAS it was D22 at which we arrived.
Tobias-UK likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.