WTP and CW - in-seat power

Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
WTP and CW - in-seat power

What exactly does BA mean by in seat power for WTP and CW. I have the opportunity to upgrade my WTP seat to CW for reasonable money but, as a CPAP user need a proper power outlet. If I can use my CPAP machine and get a decent night's kip, it might be worth the premium.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL
See here: https://www.britishairways.com/cms/g...uick-Guide.pdf

Take note of the voltage and wattage limits.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paul21
See here: https://www.britishairways.com/cms/g...uick-Guide.pdf

Take note of the voltage and wattage limits.
Fab. Thank you. I should have been able to find that!
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Interesting.

who chose 110 volts for a U.K. airline !

I only ever use usb but I assume most mains devices wont work unless your adapter happens to have a wide voltage range
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by jeremyBA
Interesting.

I only ever use usb but I assume most mains devices wont work unless your adapter happens to have a wide voltage range
Probably designed that way to prevent passengers plugging in appliances more substantial than a phone or laptop charger (air fryer, Grorge Foreman grill etc).
Im pretty certain for medical need items such as that of the OP's there is a separate supply for them to connect to. I'd probably be inclined to raise this to the medical assistance team before travel rather than assume such medical devices will work on in-seat power.
shefgab and camdentown like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by jeremyBA
Interesting.

A lot of devices, especially portable devices (think poweradapters) are mult voltage/frequency anyway.
renila likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
What exactly does BA mean by in seat power for WTP and CW. I have the opportunity to upgrade my WTP seat to CW for reasonable money but, as a CPAP user need a proper power outlet. If I can use my CPAP machine and get a decent night's kip, it might be worth the premium.
From the manuals, pre authorisation for a CPAP is not required and seat power can be used where available. However, it states the usual caveats of unable to guarantee availability and max output is 75W.
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stefan_nl
A lot of devices, especially portable devices (think poweradapters) are mult voltage/frequency anyway.
The adapter takes 100v to 240v 50hz/60hz. I just checked.

Originally Posted by Boeing77W
From the manuals, pre authorisation for a CPAP is not required and seat power can be used where available. However, it states the usual caveats of unable to guarantee availability and max output is 75W.
that's a useful nugget of information. Thank you. Again looking at the unit its 1 to 2 Amps and 12v so, not being an electrical engineer I looked it up and 75w should be plenty.
1Aturnleft and Boeing77W like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.