Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘Network-wide catering issues’ - no catering ex-LCY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold

Just got off a flight into LCY which had no catering. We were not told before boarding but once we got onboard. The crew said the catering truck had been involved in an accident but the captain contradicted this and said there was a ‘network-wide’ issue with catering as a ‘hangover’ from the pandemic. Drinks were available but only crisps as snacks. Ł10 Pret voucher given on arrival but really not the point as I can’t see any difference between CE/ET on this particular flight as a GCH. Should I complain or is there really no point? I feel like I should be asking for downgrade compensation!
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tom139
Just got off a flight into LCY which had no catering. We were not told before boarding but once we got onboard. The crew said the catering truck had been involved in an accident but the captain contradicted this and said there was a ‘network-wide’ issue with catering as a ‘hangover’ from the pandemic. Drinks were available but only crisps as snacks. Ł10 Pret voucher given on arrival but really not the point as I can’t see any difference between CE/ET on this particular flight as a GCH. Should I complain or is there really no point? I feel like I should be asking for downgrade compensation!
Complain and think of what might make this right (say 5,000 Avios for example) and you might get lucky. Even if you get no compo, people need to complain when things like this go wrong. If they don't, I cannot see things improving. Sorry about the foodless flight!
SxMan, RJD1983, bafan and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 12:08 pm
formerly JackDann

Once again it seems like the crew have lied about the situation with catering. They can come up with some creative excuses it seems, there must be a whole book of them.

Even if the lack of catering didn’t bother you so much i’d still complain and take this further (purely on the fact that BA continually refuse to be honest and make up excuses)
RJD1983, YacozA and bafan like this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Flew into LCY today from GLA and there was catering onboard- Better than the mainline option actually. Must have been an issue with just your flight.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:44 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
I can’t see any difference between CE/ET on this particular flight as a GCH.
You get the white headrest
aristoph likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:56 pm

So is it really "network wide" - if so would affect all flights from / to LCY and other flights would be missing catering too. Perhaps others who flew LCY recently can share.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by ermis177
Before the introduction of CE on UK domestics, I once got it as the only person on the flight. – No idea why...
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Before the introduction of CE on UK domestics, I once got it as the only person on the flight. – No idea why...
Had you applied excessive macassar that day?
Thomathy likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by ermis177
These ironically weren’t loaded either.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 12:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
These ironically weren’t loaded either.
They haven’t been for a while!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.