Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow t5 disruption 2nd April

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:29 am

Does Qatar and AA get priority for stands in situations like this or are those customers at risk too of delays due to the BA situation?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:31 am

Would transiting LCY for an intra-UK flights be safer?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think if you have the option of doing your route via LCY, then that may be a good option to go with atm. As you probably know, with LCY you have to go landside in all circumstances and then come back through security to get back airside.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I think if you have the option of doing your route via LCY, then that may be a good option to go with atm. As you probably know, with LCY you have to go landside in all circumstances and then come back through security to get back airside.
None of us are familiar with LCY at all, actually.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
fast track security was slow but not terrible. 40 mins from arrival to end of security.
I would consider 40 minutes to get through fast track security terrible.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Misco60
LHR T5 check in through first wing with luggage and security should be 10 minutes max - that's what it normally is for me. Will see what LGW (S) is like early next week.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by Misco60
to clarify. That is from getting off the HEX to getting bags off the scanner. The queue itself wasn’t bad but very slow in scanning for some reason. With lots of extra looks at the screen from the two staff. Trainee day?!
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
to clarify. That is from getting off the HEX to getting bags off the scanner. The queue itself wasn’t bad but very slow in scanning for some reason. With lots of extra looks at the screen from the two staff. Trainee day?!
40 mins is pretty dire if it cost me all my lounge time!
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
On an empty day that 40 minutes would have been about 20 minutes I would say. So the composite view is that the workload today added 15 to 30 minutes delay to a quiet day, and that's reasonably good for a school holiday Saturday. The staff and management will be relieved at this one, and the travel headlines are dominated by MAN and the Cross Channel ferries. Le Shuttle had an IT failure today.....
gliderpilot and crazy8534 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Just arrived at T5. 5-10 wait for a stand but after that zero queue at passport and bags on belt in about 12 mins. Actually now seems quiet in arrivals.

Customer services/rebooking at flight connections queue seemed pretty long and slow moving however.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
On an empty day that 40 minutes would have been about 20 minutes I would say. So the composite view is that the workload today added 15 to 30 minutes delay to a quiet day, and that's reasonably good for a school holiday Saturday. The staff and management will be relieved at this one, and the travel headlines are dominated by MAN and the Cross Channel ferries. Le Shuttle had an IT failure today.....
Agreed, it sounds like whatever BA have done for this weekend in terms of cancellations or what they have learnt from the last few weekends may have been just enough.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:02 am
jmd

Programs: BAEC gold
I am still waiting for the BA2774 to JER to go. It was due off at 16.15 but the departure time keeps being pushed back. Lounge staff have no info whatsoever and look (understandably) stressed…
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
to clarify. That is from getting off the HEX to getting bags off the scanner.
Ah, I see. I read it to mean 40 minutes from arrival at security to end of security. In that case, 40 minutes is in the "annoying" category but, as you say, not quite "terrible".
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC
So I’ve got a DUB LHR JFK SFO starting Tuesday night 17:25 DUB to LHR then onwards to US from T5 Wednesday morning. Getting the red warning you’ve all seen letting me know I have the option to change my flight. Part of me says things will be ok by Tuesday. But kind of concerned about the prospect of missing the positioning flight to DUB from T5 Tuesday morning at 10:35 and being declared a no show.

Would there be any help offered or would I be allowed to skip the DUB-LHR leg if my LHR-DUB got cancelled or delayed? Ticket is AA but DUB-LHR is obviously on BA. Positioning ticket is BA. 5 hrs seems like a reasonable cushion. Plan was to go wicked early Tuesday morning to T5 and work in the lounge to clear my desk before the trip. I’d prefer to stick with that. Would it be overkill to rebook on the 9:05 to LCY instead? City is a 20 min Uber vs a 1hr Piccadilly Line to T5.

I really think things should be fine for Tuesday and Wednesday. But the “Potential service disruption” warning is bugging me more than I feel it should.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Personally I had zero issues at T3 a few hours ago. Straight access to an e-gate for Border Force to permit me enter HM's realm and also straight access to the bins at fast track security. Haven't had an arrival or transit this smooth for a while at LHR, be it T3 or T5. Maybe any zoo was indeed limited to T5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.