Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow t5 disruption 2nd April

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Checked in but the app has indicated will need a visa check at the airport. Does anyone know if there is a separate visa check desk at T5?
Yes. If you're going to the USA, then use the passport scan on the kiosks. You can also use anyone on the trolleys.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes. If you're going to the USA, then use the passport scan on the kiosks. You can also use anyone on the trolleys.
awesome. Thanks (yes it’s the US). Assume that works for bag drop also?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
awesome. Thanks (yes it’s the US). Assume that works for bag drop also?
It would, but I think the entrance dragon will be expecting you to have a boarding pass, so I'd start at the kiosks, which are easier to use.
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
It would, but I think the entrance dragon will be expecting you to have a boarding pass, so I'd start at the kiosks, which are easier to use.
thanks CWS. I do actually have a boarding pass. Which is slightly odd I guess. Assumed it wouldn’t let me though security without a check though?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:52 pm

thanks CWS. I do actually have a boarding pass. Which is slightly odd I guess. Assumed it wouldn’t let me though security without a check though?
For USA you have to have the passport scan, yes, and that's an old requirement. So in this case the self service drop will work.
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
I can't see a published policy yet but they must have flipped the CB4D switch, I suspect there is a general rebooking allowance in place for the weekend, which if my hunch is correct would allow anyone to push their flights by up to 14 days. Returns can also be pushed back by up to 14 days so long as one sector is over this weekend, again speculating here.
Got the option to change a LHR-EDI roundtrip on Tues so looks like they're expecting disruption to continue into the week. Found this out when getting a notification of a cancellation of the 1495 GLA-LHR service on Monday. Silver lining a poorly planned couple of days can now be sorted out properly.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by crazy8534
Day before is fine- doesn't need to be <24h specifically.

Edit: beaten to it by CWS.

I know what you mean, Logans Day- I feel like I have had to re-learn how to get through an airport!
many thanks for the guidance and advice. Reassuring that things such as this are flexible in the brave new world of international flying
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
I can't see a published policy yet but they must have flipped the CB4D switch, I suspect there is a general rebooking allowance in place for the weekend, which if my hunch is correct would allow anyone to push their flights by up to 14 days. Returns can also be pushed back by up to 14 days so long as one sector is over this weekend, again speculating here.
Do you think it's possible to "pull" rather than "push" your flight, ie, change it further in advance of the date?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
I can't see a published policy yet but they must have flipped the CB4D switch, I suspect there is a general rebooking allowance in place for the weekend, which if my hunch is correct would allow anyone to push their flights by up to 14 days.
Indeed, it seems to be very generic right now, since I at least had it appear on my BA flight that's inbound to T3. I was somewhat alarmed moments ago, when I happen to go into my BAEC account and notice my next flight having the red attention colour. So far my flight has nothing in the GDS to suggest it wouldn't go ahead, but apparently the current warning isn't just for T5, but also T3.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by mmogdan
Do you think it's possible to "pull" rather than "push" your flight, ie, change it further in advance of the date?
I'm not sure I understand the question. If by pull you mean bring forward, then yes, within the 14 days. If you mean you want multiple goes at changng, the usual answer is hat it's one change only and you can't change your mind, unless some new event happens.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
I'm not sure I understand the question. If by pull you mean bring forward, then yes, within the 14 days. If you mean you want multiple goes at changng, the usual answer is hat it's one change only and you can't change your mind, unless some new event happens.
Thanks as always. yes, I mean bring forward!
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by lcylocal
g
I have this banner in MMB for my TFS-LHR tomorrow. Still showing as running and on time at the moment.

Not sure if this is our flight particularly at risk or just a general opening up of flex for people travelling tomorrow.
I have this too - for CDG/LHR on Monday. Would help if there was the option to make the change online.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Yep. Have it too for first GVA-LHR this morning. Don’t see much risk as the plane got here last night so I guess it’s just a general thing.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Got it for my MEX to LHR to BCN tomorrow..going ahead and BA can pick up the bill if they can't get us there on time. Been planning for ages so not missing out now
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
The flexibility is a good idea but putting the
message on essentially every flight this weekend makes no sense. You’ll have people changing flights because they think there’s a big cancellation risk and then getting very confused when the new flight they pick shows exactly the same message. Might even cause more of a crunch if it pushes people to choose what would have been more expensive flights at the busiest times which they can now switch to for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.