Heathrow t5 disruption 2nd April

Old Apr 1, 22, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by BOH View Post
Is tomorrow first day of school holidays? Would have thought more likely next weekend (Sat 9th)?
depends on where you are. A lot of private and state schools finish today in our area, close to LGW and LHR.
SxMan and Milwaukee like this.
Old Apr 1, 22, 5:07 am

Programs: BA GGL (98% to Lifetime Gold), SPG convert from IHG (and Marriott fan now!)
Well Ive just had my LHR flight from SKG tomorrow cancelled by BA at less than 24 hours notice - maybe theyve realised they need to be proactive (PITA for me though, theyve just rebooked me a day later for now)
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 22, 5:16 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84 View Post
Its almost as if the issues arent unique to BA
As far as I know they are. T2 can get busy but I never saw this chaos like T5. Specially if you fly premium or you have status I never had to wait more than 5-10 mins to check in at T2 or go through security.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Apr 1, 22, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by ermis177 View Post
As far as I know they are. T2 can get busy but I never saw this chaos like T5. Specially if you fly premium or you have status I never had to wait more than 5-10 mins to check in at T2 or go through security.
as you rightly point out I was through security in 5min w hand luggage and fast track but our flight was delayed by 30min to wait for Y pax I think it was rather bad today at check in.
Old Apr 1, 22, 6:27 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Any information on how long the line was for First check in today? Flying tomorrow out of T5.
Old Apr 1, 22, 6:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dwugson View Post
Any information on how long the line was for First check in today? Flying tomorrow out of T5.
There is zero read across on that. Tomorrow is very busy, today is average. There will be queues tomorrow, and I will guess 07:00 hrs to 11:00 hrs. If a First Wing user, add 20 to 30 minutes to your usual schedule, or better still go HBO.
babyg_wc and becks1 like this.
Old Apr 1, 22, 6:36 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
There is zero read across on that. Tomorrow is very busy, today is average. There will be queues tomorrow, and I will guess 07:00 hrs to 11:00 hrs. If a First Wing user, add 20 to 30 minutes to your usual schedule, or better still go HBO.
Thanks CWS. Am HBO but my ability to check in on line is somewhat dependent on Verifly approving my covid test for the US in a timely manner. Shall plan on showing up early and prepare for the worst.
Old Apr 1, 22, 6:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Duck1981 View Post
as you rightly point out I was through security in 5min w hand luggage and fast track but our flight was delayed by 30min to wait for Y pax I think it was rather bad today at check in.
And similarly with hand luggage and already with a bp this has pretty much been my experience in T5 over the last two years even when there have been queues.

It does seem the problem is check in for most airlines where people have to visit either to drop bags and/or to get bps.
Old Apr 1, 22, 6:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dwugson View Post
Thanks CWS. Am HBO but my ability to check in on line is somewhat dependent on Verifly approving my covid test for the US in a timely manner. Shall plan on showing up early and prepare for the worst.
Don't forget the kiosk scan with your passport trick, that may chuck out your boarding pass.
dwugson likes this.
Old Apr 1, 22, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ratechaser View Post
Sounds awful, luckily I will be flying from Manchester instead next week.

oh... wait...
Me too, on Monday. MAN-LHR-MIA. Covid test Sunday evening before the hotel. That's 3 things to go wrong, positive test, MAN security and BA IT.

​​​​​
LucyK1806 and zip10001 like this.
Old Apr 1, 22, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by firstlight View Post
wow, the line for t5 ba pax stretches all the way to T2 now?

Yes its due to passengers not being familiar with the covid regs nothing whatsoever to do with staff Shortages.
Old Apr 1, 22, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
I flew out on the Friday afternoon at the start of Feb half term, it was chaos then with a long queue to get into the F Wing so maybe be prepared for a busy time this afternoon. As others have said, you can go straight to security if you have your BP and are hand bag only. Unfortunately on that occasion they only had one scanner working in the F Wing, so there was a big queue to get through security. Not BA's fault, although quite a few BA staff were asking each other if they knew why there was only one scanner and no-one seemed to go and talk to the security staff to find out if there was an issue or if staff were just on a break. There were also quite a few people trying to get an extra child or 2 into the lounge and then getting annoyed when the answer was no.
Old Apr 1, 22, 8:01 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer View Post
Me too, on Monday. MAN-LHR-MIA. Covid test Sunday evening before the hotel. That's 3 things to go wrong, positive test, MAN security and BA IT.

​​​​​
You're a few days ahead of us so would be interested to hear of your experience!

Luckily no testing for where we are off to (PUJ) and we're stopping over the night before to join the scrum nice and early. Even with fast track, I'm allowing 3 hours with the faint hope that will be enough for a leisurely breakfast, rather than a mad dash for the last bacon roll at Pret...

It's going to be like the good old days when I started flying Dan Air and Britannia charters out of LGW. You always knew where you needed to check in because it would be the most insanely busy part of the terminal...
Old Apr 1, 22, 8:04 am

Programs: BA GGL (98% to Lifetime Gold), SPG convert from IHG (and Marriott fan now!)
Looks like a lot of proactive cancellations tomorrow based on the response I got from BA Holidays just now

Unfortunately due to the scale of the flight cancellations
RG1X likes this.
Old Apr 1, 22, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just going through some scenarios...

If my MAN-LHR is canned, would BA get us a taxi to LHR, or if not would I be able to submit receipt for it? Its the afternoon MIA flight, so as long as we set off first thing we'd make it by road.

Search this Thread