Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow t5 disruption 2nd April

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:39 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Quick Q - sat at KRK and watching the inbound LHR-KRK being pushed further and further back.. Can anyone remind me what's the deal with travel delay cover on the Amex gold card? Can I just start buying stuff once we're past 4 hours late? thx
Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
Simon Calder just said on the radio that BA cancelled 100 flights from LHR yesterday and has cancelled another 130 today, including 10 to/from Milan.
Calder did clarify that some had been cancelled weeks or days ago - not just on the day. So you could book on them at some stage!

He also indicated on a later show that British airways seems to be using deterrent pricing - making prices so unaffordable people won't book. He claimed that there is no flight from Heathrow to Manchester priced at less than Ł400 until after easter Monday - and none at less than Ł700 to Nice. But he mentioned Ryanair were offering flights on some routes for as little as Ł8 before Easter.

BA don't want you to fly with them it seems - best book with ryanair or Wizz in Europe and anyone else long haul for now as easyjet also seem to have issues!

PS does anyone know how long it is taking BA to process expenses and compensation claims for last minute cancelled flights. I just keep getting apology emails saying sorry! Has anyone been paid?
Silver Fox likes this.

Last edited by MARTYM8; Apr 3, 2022 at 7:24 am
Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by MARTYM8

PS does anyone know how long it is taking BA to process expenses and compensation claims for last minute cancelled flights. I just keep getting apology emails saying sorry! Has anyone been paid?
I got a very nice polite letter with my claim paid after 4 weeks. Though obviously submitted 4 weeks of disruption ago!
Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by MARTYM8
Calder … also indicated on a later show that British airways seems to be using deterrent pricing - making prices so unaffordable people won't book.?
Certainly working from my POV. Wanting to book assorted l/h holidays and seeing prices up to double what they used to be. Even looking at VS (sorry!) and they’re just as bad.

Money staying in my pocket … to pay the Builder later on. 😕
Silver Fox and becks1 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:05 am

I’ve just arrived from MAN this morning, only 20mins late as crew were late to the aircraft.

Short delay in getting to the parking stand as no staff there, but then tuned up.

Waited 5mins for our luggage. Our flight was very full so most were on connections.

Popped upstairs to enquire about twilight check in and it didn’t seem too busy.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by LucyK1806
I’ve just arrived from MAN this morning, only 20mins late as crew were late to the aircraft.

Short delay in getting to the parking stand as no staff there, but then tuned up.

Waited 5mins for our luggage. Our flight was very full so most were on connections.

Popped upstairs to enquire about twilight check in and it didn’t seem too busy.

After which I trust you bought yourself a lottery ticket …… ?

With that sort of luck, your chances of winning are incredibly high 😎
Silver Fox, bafan, wrp96 and 9 others like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by WeLoveSpace
I got a very nice polite letter with my claim paid after 4 weeks. Though obviously submitted 4 weeks of disruption ago!
I have a claim submitted over five weeks ago for a cancelled flight on 23 February - due to ongoing delays from the storm the previous Friday. You must have higher status than me!

It was a return club Europe flight from Spain. Did the outbound on Ryanair - the day after the storm - no issues at all and I got more legroom for 1/4 of the price and a nice hot bacon sandwich and a cappucino onboard for another 9 euro!
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
Does it give me a glimmer of hope my MAN-LHR flight tomorrow has had a plane allocated to it?
Depends on your expectations. BA1426 LHR-BHD last night had a plane allocated but went out 2 hours 40 mins late. On arrival the captain revealed “they had forgotten to load any bags”. The baggage system can’t even issue a claim reference right now due to overload. And for those trying to make this a LHR problem vs BA, Air Lingus BHD flights for the same day were all on time/early.
becks1 and LancashireFlyer like this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
No wait at the F wing today. About five people in the scanner queue - albeit mainly because someone was faffing around like they’d never been to an airport before.

CW and ET/WT busier, and probably a 15-30 min wait to check bags, but I’ve seen far worse.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Sunday night’s mess

Just feel so sorry for all these poor passengers, and the woman doing the video.

It doesn’t look good in terminal five this evening. Probably worst of all is the fact that they don’t seem to be any people there to give assistance or advice.

that queue for help is just phenomenal.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by SxMan
Just feel so sorry for all these poor passengers, and the woman doing the video.

It doesn’t look good in terminal five this evening. Probably worst of all is the fact that they don’t seem to be any people there to give assistance or advice.

that queue for help is just phenomenal. https://twitter.com/leeoslayer1/stat...cyii-o9VfyLHAA
My girlfriend and I got through T5 security and to the 5b lounge in about 30 mins earlier this evening. Granted, we are HBO and travelling club europe domestically but the terminal didn’t seem like a total mess.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC

that queue for help is just phenomenal. https://twitter.com/leeoslayer1/stat...cyii-o9VfyLHAA
That video is actually from Thursday I believe. I’m sure the situation is still bad, but just be careful of what you see online.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:37 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

That was Friday, but not at all good.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: BAEC
Deleted
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Flown from Manchester 3 times in March... I wish you all the very best of luck. Get there very early! and just hope BA don't cancel. T5 chaotic on arrival yesterday - missed my connection and opted to travel up't north by train rather than wait for 14 hours at T5... no ground staff, no steps, no coaches... sat 90 minutes on plane.... luggage still missing... oh what fun
Silver Fox and becks1 like this.

Last edited by ajhaeh; Apr 3, 2022 at 1:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.