Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow t5 disruption 2nd April

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by RichieMc
So I’ve got a DUB LHR JFK SFO starting Tuesday night 17:25 DUB to LHR then onwards to US from T5 Wednesday morning. Getting the red warning you’ve all seen letting me know I have the option to change my flight. Part of me says things will be ok by Tuesday. But kind of concerned about the prospect of missing the positioning flight to DUB from T5 Tuesday morning at 10:35 and being declared a no show.
So two tickets but overnight. Yes, your responsibility is to getto DUB by Wednesday morning, and if all else fails there is the overnight coach and train services. LCY would be safer, so long as the weather for Tuesday is in reasonable bounds. Personally I wouldn't change, but if being a no-show is going to be problematic, then switch to LCY if MMB allows that to happen, after checking the weather forecast tomorrow.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by Vgravity
40 mins is pretty dire if it cost me all my lounge time!

as nice as T5b is an hour and a half delay has meant I’ve been very happy to finally get on the plane. BA really shouldn’t list all the things ordered on the lounge app!!
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
So two tickets but overnight. Yes, your responsibility is to getto DUB by Wednesday morning, and if all else fails there is the overnight coach and train services. LCY would be safer, so long as the weather for Tuesday is in reasonable bounds. Personally I wouldn't change, but if being a no-show is going to be problematic, then switch to LCY if MMB allows that to happen, after checking the weather forecast tomorrow.
Got it thanks. Seems reasonable. Just one clarification. I’m doing the positioning flight to Dublin Tuesday morning. Then the first leg of the main course is Dublin back to London on Tuesday evening at 17:25. Then it’s overnight at Sofitel T5 before LHR-JFK-SFO Wednesday morning on AA. Nice thing about keeping everything at T5 is I could drop my bag - if I decide to check one - at the hotel Tuesday morning so as not to lug it back and forth to Dublin. But anyway, I’ll gauge the temp and see how things look tomorrow. A further option would be to take the super early 6:50 from LHR which wouldn’t depend on an incoming aircraft being on time.

Last edited by RichieMc; Apr 2, 2022 at 12:31 pm
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SW7London
Does Qatar and AA get priority for stands in situations like this or are those customers at risk too of delays due to the BA situation?
priority as BA do stand planning. BA will sacrifice any flight to ensure non BA airlines cannot complain and Heathrow will not look to take the function over. It was the same in T4.
while they had T5 to themselves it was not an issue.
SW7London likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:32 pm

Third weekend in a row for my Mrs to be flying somewhere and third weekend in a row that they either don’t have an IRS, or loaders, or all of them. This time they have one IRS and one guys in lieu of a team of six for a widebody. Menzies, on the other hand, has a full team for an AA departure. Funny how this covid thing seems to be hitting only on weekends…

How long before BA goes to Dnata or Menzies and just offloads the whole shebang to them?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by 13901
Third weekend in a row for my Mrs to be flying somewhere and third weekend in a row that they either don’t have an IRS, or loaders, or all of them. This time they have one IRS and one guys in lieu of a team of six for a widebody. Menzies, on the other hand, has a full team for an AA departure. Funny how this covid thing seems to be hitting only on weekends…

How long before BA goes to Dnata or Menzies and just offloads the whole shebang to them?
IRS?

As for offloading it all to Dnata/Menzies, unlikely, this would be on par with the P&O Situation for Industrial Relations.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Integrated Ramp Supervisor, formerly turnaround manager.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Integrated Ramp Supervisor, formerly turnaround manager.
Ahh.

At some Outstations one of the Gate Staff are nominated to do this function, BHD springs to mind as one I have recently experienced!
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by SW7London
Does Qatar and AA get priority for stands in situations like this or are those customers at risk too of delays due to the BA situation?
I landed on Thursday with QR and we had to wait circa 30 mins for a stand (and then a further 10 mins for the jetty to be attached) so on that experience doesn’t appear so.
SW7London likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:06 pm
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
overnight delay - same boarding pass?

Was on Saturday's BA 2594 to Sicily and it got delayed until 2pm tomorrow, Sunday. No bags offloaded/returned. Overnighting at a hotel. Wonder if we can use the same boarding passes or if we have to re-checkin at T5? This is (currently at least) an overnight delay rather than a cancellation.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by sgm
Was on Saturday's BA 2594 to Sicily and it got delayed until 2pm tomorrow, Sunday. No bags offloaded/returned. Overnighting at a hotel. Wonder if we can use the same boarding passes or if we have to re-checkin at T5? This is (currently at least) an overnight delay rather than a cancellation.
I'm not a 100% sure on this but I suspect you'll need new BPs.
sgm likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by sgm
You should be OK with the old boarding pass so long as the information is updated at the server end. You may find it better to refresh the App boarding pass just to be sure. If you do get stuck by security then someone should be able to help you quickly. You don't need to go to check-in again.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:38 pm
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks so much C-W-S (and BLHD).
Old Apr 2, 2022, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by RichieMc
Got it thanks. Seems reasonable. Just one clarification. I’m doing the positioning flight to Dublin Tuesday morning. Then the first leg of the main course is Dublin back to London on Tuesday evening at 17:25. Then it’s overnight at Sofitel T5 before LHR-JFK-SFO Wednesday morning on AA. Nice thing about keeping everything at T5 is I could drop my bag - if I decide to check one - at the hotel Tuesday morning so as not to lug it back and forth to Dublin. But anyway, I’ll gauge the temp and see how things look tomorrow. A further option would be to take the super early 6:50 from LHR which wouldn’t depend on an incoming aircraft being on time.
out of interest, how much did you save by choosing this routing?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
I have the same messages and red marking for LHR-GOT on Monday. However BA is still selling tickets for the particular flight, rebooking to another day is not an option should I call to use the option free rebooking to AY instead to make sure I get home to GOT to play safe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.