Search

Delayed Flight - Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Delayed Flight - Help Needed

Hi,

I’m sitting on a delayed BA flight in NCL (de-icing) and will most probably miss my American Airlines connection (8.40am) to DFW (T5b). I’m scheduled to land into LHR no earlier than 7.45am.

If I do miss my connection where do I go in T5 to get re-booked onto (hopefully) the next flight?

My ticket was bought via a work travel agent but my partners was bought via an online travel agent with a FinnAir flight number for an AA flight. I’m just not sure where to go to speak to someone as it’s not BA.

Thanks
Helen
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Helinlouise
Hi,

I’m sitting on a delayed BA flight in NCL (de-icing) and will most probably miss my American Airlines connection (8.40am) to DFW (T5b). I’m scheduled to land into LHR no earlier than 7.45am.

If I do miss my connection where do I go in T5 to get re-booked onto (hopefully) the next flight?

My ticket was bought via a work travel agent but my partners was bought via an online travel agent with a FinnAir flight number for an AA flight. I’m just not sure where to go to speak to someone as it’s not BA.

Thanks
Helen
American is the operator, go to them. Looking at the timing I think you might make this if you get a move on at LHR
Helinlouise likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
There is a very good chance you will be met at the top of the air bridge by a oneworld rep, if not I’d head to the AA desk in T5.
Helinlouise likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
As you come off the flight, go towards the area for Flight Connections T5 and you will see a Customer Service Desk on the left. Now I am not sure if they can handle 001 tickets but that's where to go first.
Helinlouise likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Where is the AA desk in T5?

I’m hoping I can get through the control in enough time and up the escalator but I can’t remember how long before you are timed out. Is it 35 mins?

Thanks both for the replies.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
35 minutes is the maximum, and what I would expect here, but it can be 25 minutes.
Helinlouise likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 12:12 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
AA has a desk at flight connections in T5A, where the typical BA desks are (and usually a shorter queue than BA).
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dylanks
AA has a desk at flight connections in T5A, where the typical BA desks are (and usually a shorter queue than BA).
Thank you. Still on the ground so have definitely missed the connection.
dylanks likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 12:25 am

Keep an eye on your BA or AA app, refreshing them when you land in LHR, to see if you get automatically rebooked
Old Apr 1, 2022, 12:44 am

There are three more flights to DFW today.

AA 21 departs at 9:35am - Plenty of economy seats left - first & business & premium economy all sold out
However, you might not make it to this flight, unless oneworld transfer desks work their magic.

BA 193 departs at 1:15pm - first and premium economy/World Traveller Plus available only

AA 79 departs at 1:50pm - business and premium economy available only

Of course all these information come from expertflyer and both airlines might held off seats for misconnection.

I think you will make it to DFW today for sure. The question is how long you will have to spend in Heathrow this morning.

Carfield
Old Apr 1, 2022, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Just landed and refreshed my BA app and have been rebooked onto a BA flight later today in the correct cabin (CW), same for my partner.

Thank you to everyone who replied and helped me.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Glad to see you are sorted.

Enjoy the lounge and relax now.
Have a good flight.

regards

Tbs
Helinlouise likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Love these live misconnection threads - of all the issues recently, de-icing in April
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle
Love these live misconnection threads - of all the issues recently, de-icing in April
I have just come in from wiping off 15 cm of snow from my solar electricity panels so I can get some juice into my power system.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Just to help the op,

Would an ec261 claim be worthwhile here if the delay was long enough?

We had snow flurries on Wednesday and some hail here yesterday but so far it is a nice but frosty day

Regards
Tbs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.