Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIA lounge access question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
MIA lounge access question

Can anyone confirm if I can get access to AA lounge in MIA. I am a BA gold, but on an internal (to GSP) not a connection off in inbound BA flight.
Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2022, 12:52 pm

Yes you’ll have access to AA Admirals Club and Flagship lounge as BA Gold regardless of cabin of travel provided you’re travelling on a OW marketed and operated ticket
You will also be permitted to take one guest provided they’re travelling on any OW marketed and operated ticket the same day.
redpalmetto and m8_rotate like this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Great, thanks. I had remembered AA could be sniffy on lounge access on internal flights
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by redpalmetto
Great, thanks. I had remembered AA could be sniffy on lounge access on internal flights
Yes with their own AA elites (ironically, but probably for the better as I would imagine everyone would be able to access the lounges then!!) and AS elites. But you have no such restrictions anywhere within the US as BA Gold and can access all OW lounges within the US irrespective of class of travel.
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
See the Lounge Access Policy towards the end of this page: https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=MIA
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
When you check in downstairs they will give you a couple of cards that you use when you are upstairs to get into the flagship lounge. Weirdly, the admirals agents sometimes still ask to see a physical card but in my experience they are fine if you just show them your card on the phone.
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by crazy8534
When you check in downstairs they will give you a couple of cards that you use when you are upstairs to get into the flagship lounge. Weirdly, the admirals agents sometimes still ask to see a physical card but in my experience they are fine if you just show them your card on the phone.
They always want to know if you're Sapphire or Emerald as strangely their lounge access systems doesn't appear to pick it up despite it picking up that you're permitted access and your boarding pass too. Most accept a verbal confirmation from you, some ask to see the boarding pass and thankfully, less often, they ask to see the FF card itself.

Again it's bizarre as once it picks up that you're permitted access and as AA doesn't have any specific lounges for Emerald only (like say BA do with their F lounges), strange they want to know the specific status. I can only assume it's for some sort of insights/analysis. Interested if anyone has any intel on this and can explain
redpalmetto and crazy8534 like this.

Last edited by AirbusA350; Mar 29, 2022 at 3:13 pm
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Have done this at MIA a couple of dozen times in the last year flying domestic AA even on no connecting itinerary and never have any problem doing so and am able to guest one person when I’ve tried.

they scan the boarding pass and then after their screen beeps ask to see it again to confirm Emerald then give you the laminated bit of card for flagship and send you upstairs.

You can also use flagship check in but won’t be on their paper list so for this one you either need a BP already with Emerald on or your Gold card (digital was fine last time for me). I’ve seen more confusion here but never had any at lounge.

By far one of the best benefits of being OWE and not with AA.
redpalmetto likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.