How is the return to LGW South going

Old Jun 18, 22, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Not bad today at lgw south. Club check in bit slow but no q at fast security so in lounge in around 35 minutes total.
lounge not to busy, lot nicer then t5, main terminal heaving though.
Old Jun 22, 22, 7:21 am

Im in the First Lounge at Gatwick and feeling a bit nostalgic. I was last here on my last flight before the first lockdown. I missed the apron views! The lounge has really nice peacefulness to it. Bar well stocked and staff super attentive. Food options via the YourMenu platform is a bit limited but not too bad.
ThatT1Feeling and drwook like this.

Last edited by sdmr; Jun 24, 22 at 12:35 pm
Old Jun 23, 22, 4:39 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Do they serve LPGS in the F lounge at LGW? I vaguely recall someone mentioning this at some point, but I may be wrong! Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 22, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
Do they serve LPGS in the F lounge at LGW? I vaguely recall someone mentioning this at some point, but I may be wrong! Thanks.
LPGS was available to self pour in mid May when I passed through. Really nice little lounge, Id never been before, enjoy!
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 24, 22, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / OWE, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
I guess flight volumes are still down at LGW; Gatwick is a bit closer than LHR and I've been looking for an excuse to revisit as I also find the lounge there a bit more 'relaxed', but all sane routes for where I needed to book have started at LHR so far.

If the LPGS is confirmed I might just let the tail wag the dog and go somewhere random that definitely flies from Gatwick...
Old Jun 24, 22, 1:38 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
When I was in LGW F last week it was a Canard-Duchne (I think it was a vintage or a special) - a friend poured it for me so I didn't take a lot of notice but it certainly wasn't LPGS.
Old Jun 24, 22, 1:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Very occasionally a bottle of lpgs appears. However it is usually the standard GF champagne which is available.
Old Jun 24, 22, 2:13 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Joshm300 View Post
LPGS was available to self pour in mid May when I passed through. Really nice little lounge, Id never been before, enjoy!
Thanks, I am hoping one of these mystical bottles appears during our visit in July, as Ive never had the pleasure of using the LGW lounge before either.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jun 24, 22, 3:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
Thanks, I am hoping one of these mystical bottles appears during our visit in July, as Ive never had the pleasure of using the LGW lounge before either.
They are most likely to appear in T3 First, but yes LGW First has them once in a while.
drwook and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jun 24, 22, 3:33 am

Programs: Would quite like the freedom to fly and regain some status, please
FAO flight in 3 weeks just cancelled - been forced on to a Finnair / BA / T3 alternate. Annoying (oarticularly if the strikes impact us), but what can you do...
Return still operating in to Gatters, but guess that might change in a few days.

Presuming this relates to LGW forcing airlines to trim their schedules, but havent seen anything specific on it?
Old Jun 24, 22, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Silver VA Red SAS Gold
Does anyone know if for premium passengers they still limit access to airside to six hours prior to the flight time or has this been changed to the same standard at LHR ?
Old Jun 30, 22, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA (Gold)
I have a 21:00 flight. Oneworld site says it closes at 8pm. Anyone been recently to confirm?

Search this Thread