Wiki Posts
Search

Very confused!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Very confused!

Good morning, on 11th March I phoned BA to use two e-vouchers for new DUR/LHR flights for Jan,23. It all went smoothly, I was told the total value of the vouchers and also that I would need to pay a balance. She was going to send all this ‘to the office’ and then I would ‘get an email from BA letting me know how much I owed.’ I would then need to phone them to settle up. Sounded easy.
Nothing came through from ‘the office’ although I did, on the 21st March receive a change of flight time email so at least I knew we were on the system. A MMB check on the website today reveals that both flights are showing up although when I try to load the booking reference on the app it says ‘unable’ and if I reinstall the app the same happens. Last night I received an email from BA headed Voucher Value Emails giving me the value of both vouchers (same booking ref) which is now more than I was originally told although I guess the extra Ł213 may represent my seat selection at 38,500 Avios and Ł56? It also stated that I can now use them towards the cost of new flights! For those of us who aren’t frequent travellers BA do not make it easy for us to navigate around all this. I know I will have to phone up but I shouldn’t have to as I thought it had been dealt with. Sorry for the rant.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: BA silver
We had something similar. And we have had no email either. But does show as a booking. Doesn't recognise booking reference number though. Trying to book several flights and they don't make anything easy!
Shingi likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Others can be more specific - and I'm not sure I follow the whole of the OP's tale - but the PNR can be created and show flights in the app without having been ticketed, which would only happen when payment is taken I believe. If there is no ticket number attached to the flights in the app then this has not happened, and you should continue to follow up with BA to make sure things are sorted.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Is the OP asking whether Avios used in part-payment for the original booking that was FTV'd are converted to a cash value when the FTV is issued? If so, the answer is yes.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
Is the OP asking whether Avios used in part-payment for the original booking that was FTV'd are converted to a cash value when the FTV is issued? If so, the answer is yes.
Thank you, that was one of my queries which you have confirmed for me re seat selection part Avios and part cash. I guess I was just so fed up that the agent had told me what would happen next in the sequence of events ie., what my balance was, BA sending me an email and me having to phone to pay said balance which was quite specific and seemingly straightforward but then turned out to be something that simply did not happen. Indeed I had already previously had a four page long chat with an agent
re the conversion to evoucher which I printed off. Then I never received that promised confirmation voucher email so I had to phone again. Then to wait ages on the phone to arrange the new flights which bought me to my original post. It’s a mess and so user unfriendly. Now I have to waste a few more hours of my life on the phone again. Crazy! At least I know I’m not the only one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.